OCI issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI issue

I applied for OCI in January 2014 to BLS. In March I got a phone call from OCI personnel that my OCI has been approved but the pictures that I have submitted are dark so I need to resubmit. Upon this I did take new pictures and mail it to them. But I did not get any response. The website said, once you submit your new pictures within 10 days you should see an updated status about your application. But that did not work for me.
    Hence after few days I visited the BLS office in Atlanta. On that day I came to know that their physical office location has changed so had to go to their new office. There I chatted with couple of people and explained my case. I had another set of new pictures that I submitted and the person in charge uploaded those on the BLS web Site. Asked me that I should get updates in few days. Nothing happened till June. By June end when I went to BLS site, I came to know that they no longer are responsible for OCI processing and the new agent is cox and kings. I have been trying to contact then almost every single day (my new time pass while going back home from office). I have sent them multiple emails. Not a single person knows anything about oci processing looks like. Each answer is different. I am so frustrated with all this chaos. One person asked me to submit my original passport which I already submitted for renunciation. One mentioned, you have waited for so long , wait for 3/4 more weeks by then BLS will transfer all documents to cox and kings. The online status of my doc says "it's under processing" which does not make any sense.

What options do i have. I was thinking about applying for PIO? Can I do that? Can I reapply for OCI? But now My original indian passport is lost as I sent it for renunciation and have no idea where is it.
    Can a person who has applied for OCI can apply for PIO? I have lost all hope of getting my OCI. Can I reapply for OCI?

I have heard that OCI processing takes 3/4 months. For me it has been 9 months and no update about my application!!!
    Last edited by pradash; 09-23-2014, 11:09 AM.

Originally posted by pradash View Post
    I applied for OCI in January 2014 to BLS.

One person asked me to submit my original passport which I already submitted for renunciation.

The online status of my doc says "it's under processing" which does not make any sense.

What options do i have. I was thinking about applying for PIO? Can I do that? Can I reapply for OCI? But now My original indian passport is lost as I sent it for renunciation and have no idea where is it.
    Can a person who has applied for OCI can apply for PIO? I have lost all hope of getting my OCI. Can I reapply for OCI?

I have heard that OCI processing takes 3/4 months. For me it has been 9 months and no update about my application!!!
    What is your status on the GOI website ? You haven't received renunciation since Jan 2014? Contact the Indian consulate ASAP in person
    Last edited by tampaite; 09-23-2014, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tampaite View Post
      What is your status on the GOI website ? You haven't received renunciation since Jan 2014? Contact the Indian consulate ASAP in person

The online status says my application is under process. Is there a way I can check my renunciation application status?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X