Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the options for Indian Citizen if has a baby born in US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the options for Indian Citizen if has a baby born in US?

I am Indian Citizen working on temporary assignment in US my L1B is valid until Apr-2016 but my assignment ends by end of June-2015. My baby born here in US 8 days back. I am planning to get settle down here in US and trying to understand what are the options. Like if I can process something based on my baby's birth here so that I can stay down? My current plan is to apply for OCI for my baby and travel back to India and search for job in US from there. When I checked about the processing time of OCI seems like it varies from 2 months to 3 months. I am currently waiting for the birth cert of my newborn, once I get that will apply for passport with expedite process. Please suggest:

1. If there are any other options that I can adopt to get settle down here?
    2. If I can apply for tourist visa for my newborn and travel to India and then get the OCI processed from there?
    3. Get the OCI from here itself and then travel to India?

Any help for above points is really appreciated.

Originally posted by suraj.vadhava View Post
    I am Indian Citizen working on temporary assignment in US my L1B is valid until Apr-2016 but my assignment ends by end of June-2015. My baby born here in US 8 days back. I am planning to get settle down here in US and trying to understand what are the options. Like if I can process something based on my baby's birth here so that I can stay down? My current plan is to apply for OCI for my baby and travel back to India and search for job in US from there. When I checked about the processing time of OCI seems like it varies from 2 months to 3 months. I am currently waiting for the birth cert of my newborn, once I get that will apply for passport with expedite process. Please suggest:

1. If there are any other options that I can adopt to get settle down here?
    2. If I can apply for tourist visa for my newborn and travel to India and then get the OCI processed from there?
    3. Get the OCI from here itself and then travel to India?

Any help for above points is really appreciated.
    You can register birth with Indian consulate/Embassy and apply for Indian passport. Several of my friends have done it too and no issues involved. When coming back from India in future (after vacation) you need to get H4/L2 Visa for them. Obviously you will be getting that for your wife so adding your kid shouldnt be an issue for you.

Comment

sunrag1 has misunderstood the questions of original poster.

Based on the baby born in the US, parents can not get any immigration benefit immediately. The baby has to become at least 21 years, start earning and be able to support you financially and then he/she can file family based petition for you and then you can get the green card. But nothing for now.

Yes

Yes
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Immihelp,

Thanks for the clarification.

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
        sunrag1 has misunderstood the questions of original poster.

Based on the baby born in the US, parents can not get any immigration benefit immediately. The baby has to become at least 21 years, start earning and be able to support you financially and then he/she can file family based petition for you and then you can get the green card. But nothing for now.

Yes

Yes

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X