Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correcting PIO card entries

Hi,
    I had applied for and got my child's PIO card. But, the passport number is wrongly recorded in the PIO card.
    I don't know how to get this corrected. What is the procedure? should i resend all the documents again to the Consulate General's Office stating their mistake? If so, is there a format/form for this? Also, I don't know if I should pay again for the postal charges (overnight fedex) and whom to send the form to.
    I could not find any website that deals with getting PIO card entries corrected/redone.
    Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
    SRS

Originally posted by SRS
    Hi,
    I had applied for and got my child's PIO card. But, the passport number is wrongly recorded in the PIO card.
    I don't know how to get this corrected. What is the procedure? should i resend all the documents again to the Consulate General's Office stating their mistake? If so, is there a format/form for this? Also, I don't know if I should pay again for the postal charges (overnight fedex) and whom to send the form to.
    I could not find any website that deals with getting PIO card entries corrected/redone.
    Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
    SRS
    OCI is about to start, so why don't you get it upgraded for $25. You can try and get the PIO fixed at their expense, but good luck - you must know how Indian departments work

Option 3, try this, you still need to pay for postage:
    A PIO Card shall be valid for a period of fifteen years from the date of issue subject to the validity of the passport of the applicant. In other words, the PIO card shall be valid only if the passport held by the individual is valid on a particular date. After issuance of the PIO card, if the holder is issued a new passport, he should get his new passport number endorsed on the PIO card. There is no fee for this service.
    http://www.indiacgny.org/documents/1...18_content.pdf

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X