Online OCI Application "Some Error occurred"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online OCI Application "Some Error occurred"

I am trying to apply new OCI Application through https://passport.gov.in/oci/. However after filling the first page about personal information, and clicking "Save & Continue", I get "Some Error Occurred". This is happening since last two days for me.

Is this just me or anyone else having same issue? I am not able to proceed further and when I called, CKGS, they said its government website, so keep trying!!!

Some error occurred

I have the same issue for past 2 days. I tried sending emails to "[email protected]", got a response that the system is correct and working fine, asked me to check the data I entered.

May be you can also send an email to alert the team that this is an issue for many of the applicant.

Comment

Some Error Occured

Originally posted by KarthikRajagopal View Post
      I have the same issue for past 2 days. I tried sending emails to "[email protected]", got a response that the system is correct and working fine, asked me to check the data I entered.

May be you can also send an email to alert the team that this is an issue for many of the applicant.
      I just sent email to them. Lets see.

One thing I have noticed is, if I am putting my correct US passport details, it gives me this problem.

If I put my old Indian passport details, the site works fine. I think there is a system glitch and its not verifying the correct US passport details.

Is your passport is old or new?

Comment

I have tried entering my new american passport, not indian passport. That may be the reason for this issue.

Originally posted by pratikgr View Post
        I just sent email to them. Lets see.

One thing I have noticed is, if I am putting my correct US passport details, it gives me this problem.

If I put my old Indian passport details, the site works fine. I think there is a system glitch and its not verifying the correct US passport details.

Is your passport is old or new?

Comment

I have tried entering my new american passport, not indian passport. That may be the reason for this issue.
          Did you got any response ?

I tried filling the app with my indian passport number, it worked. But now stuck with another issue.
          I'm not able to add my family members in the Part A. Sent a note to the team, waiting for response.

Comment

Resolved

Did you got any response ?

I tried filling the app with my indian passport number, it worked. But now stuck with another issue.
            I'm not able to add my family members in the Part A. Sent a note to the team, waiting for response.
            For me the issue is resolved. I sent email to the shettybn, which you suggested with the screenshot of errors and details. They forwarded to their technical team and after couple of days it got resolved.

I don't think you can continue using your indian passport number. To me it looks like some internal system at their end is not able to verify passport numbers. If your passport is recent, please wait until your passport number gets updated in their system or send email to shettybn with details.

Comment

Online OCI Services "Some Error Occurred" I also get the "Some error occurred" problem when I enter "Yes I am ready with the image". Initially, I was able to upload the image, but the JPEG file size was a little larger. So I reduces the file size, but now when I try to upload the image, it gives this error. So how do I upload the picture image now.

Comment

Try from a different PC or a different browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc). Clear cache and delete cookies. Sometimes the govt website is slow. Try again later.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X