• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing mistake/error in OCI booklet

Hi All,

My NAME: AAA SSS
    Kid name: KKK AAA SSS
    My wife's name: WWW SSS

in the OCI booklet they have printed my wife's name (under kid's mother feild) as : WWW AAA SSS SSS

The error is that they have printed my surname SSS, 2 times after my wife's name.

I called CKGS and they said its OK, not a big deal, no issues at all. we can still travel.

I want to keep things clear as this could lead to bigger problems if India immigration does not allow my kid to enter India and will be bigger issue specially when me and wife's H1b/H4 visa stamping is expired. So can not get kid in India and we can not go to USA back as we dont have VISA. We are planning to visit india for stamping only.

Any advice of anybody got same issue?

we applied OCI in san Francisco in August 2015 and got OCI booklet in October 2015.
    Last edited by pratikpv; 10-20-2015, 11:18 PM.

Originally posted by pratikpv View Post
    Hi All,

My NAME: AAA SSS
    Kid name: KKK AAA SSS
    My wife's name: WWW SSS

in the OCI booklet they have printed my wife's name (under kid's mother feild) as : WWW AAA SSS SSS

The error is that they have printed my surname SSS, 2 times after my wife's name.

I called CKGS and they said its OK, not a big deal, no issues at all. we can still travel.

I want to keep things clear as this could lead to bigger problems if India immigration does not allow my kid to enter India and will be bigger issue specially when me and wife's H1b/H4 visa stamping is expired. So can not get kid in India and we can not go to USA back as we dont have VISA. We are planning to visit india for stamping only.

Any advice of anybody got same issue?

we applied OCI in san Francisco in August 2015 and got OCI booklet in October 2015.
    Dear Applicant,

We would request you to share your application details at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this pist in your email.

Regards,
    CKGS USA Tea.

Comment

Originally posted by CKGS Visa Services View Post
      Dear Applicant,

We would request you to share your application details at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this pist in your email.

Regards,
      CKGS USA Tea.
      I have sent email, hoping for +ve answer.

Also since there is no mistake from my side, I dont agree to pay for any kind of fees also.

Comment

I have sent email, hoping for +ve answer.

Also since there is no mistake from my side, I dont agree to pay for any kind of fees also.

Anybody faced any kind of issue in printing? Again if CKGS or Indian OCI cell is making mistake in printing why should we pay for it again as fees e.g. with OCI misc form and passport shipping etc. ?

Also, our travel is delayed now because of this and also got trouble with my leaves from my employer...

Comment

Anybody faced any kind of issue in printing? Again if CKGS or Indian OCI cell is making mistake in printing why should we pay for it again as fees e.g. with OCI misc form and passport shipping etc. ?

Also, our travel is delayed now because of this and also got trouble with my leaves from my employer...
          I called CKGS multiple time and what a rude customer service guys are!!! Very very crap customer service.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X