Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - Minor Travel on PIO Card

Hi

I am travelling within week to india. My kids have PIO card with passport number expired. I have new valid passport. I will carry both old and new passport.

is there any issue with travel to India. I did travel to India 5 years back in similar situation and had no issues then but when i called cox and kinds today they mentioned that minor cannot travel as passport endorsed on PIO has expired. Please respond.

TIA

Hi,

I don't have any experience. I didn't call cgks but I sent mail to them and got a response saying, we can travel with both old and new passports and pio card with old passport # endorsed on it. All they say is "All PIO card holders are strongly encouraged to apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card". Means it is not mandatory. I'm going to take their words and travel to India this summer. I will share my experince after my travel...

I'm also hearing from others in this forum that OCI process is messed up. Recently they changed document checklist for OCI and are asking to submit original passport and so on... Looks like because of OCI in Lieu of PIO card due date (31/march/2016) they are rushing up and there is a big chance of them making mistakes in our OCI... I'm not going to apply now. Will apply after I come back...

Since you said you are leaving within a week to India on 01/04/2016. Please let us know what they did at entry point in India.

Please share your experiece in detail. That would be very helpful to everyone craving for an answer to this...
    Last edited by castor_troy; 01-27-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by castor_troy View Post
      Hi,

I don't have any experience. I didn't call cgks but I sent mail to them and got a response saying, we can travel with both old and new passports and pio card with old passport # endorsed on it. All they say is "All PIO card holders are strongly encouraged to apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card". Means it is not mandatory. I'm going to take their words and travel to India this summer. I will share my experince after my travel...

I'm also hearing from others in this forum that OCI process is messed up. Recently they changed document checklist for OCI and are asking to submit original passport and so on... Looks like because of OCI in Lieu of PIO card due date (31/march/2016) they are rushing up and there is a big chance of them making mistakes in our OCI... I'm not going to apply now. Will apply after I come back...

Since you said you are leaving within a week to India on 01/04/2016. Please let us know what they did at entry point in India.

Please share your experiece in detail. That would be very helpful to everyone craving for an answer to this...

if applicants are from San Francisco, do not send the original current passport, any new update requirements are excluded for San Francisco jurisdiction

Comment

Hi,

I received an email from CKGS that we can travel with valid passport and PIO card. My son doesnot have PIO card stamped with new passport. They said it is highly recommended to change to OCI. I am planning to go to India in June. Houston processing time is 4 months. I 'm planning to apply after my trip. Please share your experience after the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjersey View Post
          Hi

I am travelling within week to india. My kids have PIO card with passport number expired. I have new valid passport. I will carry both old and new passport.

is there any issue with travel to India. I did travel to India 5 years back in similar situation and had no issues then but when i called cox and kinds today they mentioned that minor cannot travel as passport endorsed on PIO has expired. Please respond.

TIA
          you may call the airline to verify if able to travel in this circumstance. but the way why you don't apply now then won't be a waiting time for oci after back from India

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X