Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of name after marriage on OCI

Hope someone can help,

My husband and i want to travel to India (Delhi) to see my mother and father in law in the next few weeks. My OCI was granted a couple of years ago prior to marriage and i have recently renewed and changed my name to my married surname on the passport.

The process of changing my surname on the OCI if very long and I was informed by the passport office that my marriage certificate should be sufficient to prove my identity and they had relatives who recently travelled like this and it was accepted.

I would be grateful if anyone can tell me if this is the case. I questioned immihelp about this and they said i would need to post on this forum

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by MeeraV View Post
    Hope someone can help,

My husband and i want to travel to India (Delhi) to see my mother and father in law in the next few weeks. My OCI was granted a couple of years ago prior to marriage and i have recently renewed and changed my name to my married surname on the passport.

The process of changing my surname on the OCI if very long and I was informed by the passport office that my marriage certificate should be sufficient to prove my identity and they had relatives who recently travelled like this and it was accepted.

I would be grateful if anyone can tell me if this is the case. I questioned immihelp about this and they said i would need to post on this forum

Thanks in advance
    you must apply OCI Misc. change of particular, you will need at least 1-2 months to get your new oci, you may start your oci and visa now for up coming Indian visit

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X