OCI Photo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Photo question

So, I plan on transferring an OCI for a minor to a new US Passport. I have a question in regards to the photo requirement on the "OCI MISCELLANEOUS SERVICE FORM".

The checklist for this type of application states that I need to submit a passport size photo no older than 6 months. On the CKGS website, it states that this photo must be different than the photo used in the new passport.

Is this correct? The checklist does not mention the fact that they need to be different photo's. I just received the new passport and the photo is not even 1 month old. When I originally got the OCI card, I used the same photo as passport and there was no issue.

Please clarify this requirement.

Originally posted by samverma View Post
    So, I plan on transferring an OCI for a minor to a new US Passport. I have a question in regards to the photo requirement on the "OCI MISCELLANEOUS SERVICE FORM".

The checklist for this type of application states that I need to submit a passport size photo no older than 6 months. On the CKGS website, it states that this photo must be different than the photo used in the new passport.

Is this correct? The checklist does not mention the fact that they need to be different photo's. I just received the new passport and the photo is not even 1 month old. When I originally got the OCI card, I used the same photo as passport and there was no issue.

Dear Applicant,

Kindly send your query at [email protected] to assist you better.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
    CKGS USA Team.

Comment

as long as the photo is recent, 2x2 color attire with white background you will have no issue at all, even is same picture as on passport

Comment

I think they intend to say.. if passport was taken several years back then photo needs to be different. Incase of new born, def same photo is fine (within 6months duration)..

Comment

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
          I think they intend to say.. if passport was taken several years back then photo needs to be different. Incase of new born, def same photo is fine (within 6months duration)..
          correct

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X