OCI query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI query

I registered as UK citizen whilst at London and within three days I had to travel back home to Delhi on family emergency (travelled back on my Indian passport). I will be submitting my application for UK passport here with the VFS at Delhi. While getting UK red passport is not my concern, I am more worried about how to get OCI thereafter while still remaining in India. One of things that OCI requires is to furnish valid Indian visa. What visa should I get in this situation? Someone advised me to go to the local SP (supritendent of police) office and get the 'stay visa'. Is that possible? Or should I get the 'exit permit' from FRRO and travel back to UK? Then either apply for OCI from UK or get entry visa and then apply from India.

Due to family situation, I would prefer to sort myself out in India. Someone please advise.

Originally posted by princemario View Post
    I registered as UK citizen whilst at London and within three days I had to travel back home to Delhi on family emergency (travelled back on my Indian passport). I will be submitting my application for UK passport here with the VFS at Delhi. While getting UK red passport is not my concern, I am more worried about how to get OCI thereafter while still remaining in India. One of things that OCI requires is to furnish valid Indian visa. What visa should I get in this situation? Someone advised me to go to the local SP (supritendent of police) office and get the 'stay visa'. Is that possible? Or should I get the 'exit permit' from FRRO and travel back to UK? Then either apply for OCI from UK or get entry visa and then apply from India.

Due to family situation, I would prefer to sort myself out in India. Someone please advise.

Still looking for response. Any immigration expert out there?

Comment

Originally posted by princemario View Post

i don't think you can get OCI in India since you are foreign resident. apply long term visa to stay in India, apply OCI back to UK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X