OCI in lieu of PIO card for minor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI in lieu of PIO card for minor

I have a PIO card issued for my kid and valid till 2028.

I have fill online application for OCI in lieu of PIO card but so much confusion on what documents should I sent.

As per -https://www.in.ckgs.us/resources/pdf/oci/oci-in-lieu-of-pio-card-holder-us-minor.pdf I see that there are lots of documents but as as per filled application there are 2 section under point -7.

I. In case of applications for registration as Overseas Citizen of India Cardholder in lieu of PIO
    only copies of the following documents to be attached:-
    Valid passport of the applicant
    Valid PIO card of the applicant
    II. In case of fresh applications for registration as OCI Cardholder, following documents to be
    (There are tons of documents)

I am not sure do I need to send document mentioned in section I or II.

I also see as per downloaded filled form it shows - No registration fee is payable for registration as OCI Cardholder in lieu of PIO Card.
    However, postage charges and service fee wherever applicable will be payable by the applicant
    But as per ckgs its $20.
    OCI in lieu of PIO card 0 3.00 17 20.00

I am not sure how to make payment, I don't see any option to pay via credit card.

Thanks,
    Vijay

Originally posted by Vijay Kumar Rajpoot View Post
    I have a PIO card issued for my kid and valid till 2028.

I have fill online application for OCI in lieu of PIO card but so much confusion on what documents should I sent.

As per -https://www.in.ckgs.us/resources/pdf/oci/oci-in-lieu-of-pio-card-holder-us-minor.pdf I see that there are lots of documents but as as per filled application there are 2 section under point -7.

I. In case of applications for registration as Overseas Citizen of India Cardholder in lieu of PIO
    only copies of the following documents to be attached:-
    Valid passport of the applicant
    Valid PIO card of the applicant
    II. In case of fresh applications for registration as OCI Cardholder, following documents to be
    (There are tons of documents)

I am not sure do I need to send document mentioned in section I or II.

I also see as per downloaded filled form it shows - No registration fee is payable for registration as OCI Cardholder in lieu of PIO Card.
    However, postage charges and service fee wherever applicable will be payable by the applicant
    But as per ckgs its $20.
    OCI in lieu of PIO card 0 3.00 17 20.00

I am not sure how to make payment, I don't see any option to pay via credit card.

Thanks,
    Vijay

Just follow https://www.in.ckgs.us/resources/pdf...r-us-minor.pdf. I met a person in San Francisco office who followed the former. Please NOTE, those additional documents does not make any sense but we are dealing with indian bureaucracy*** ...Just follow the pdf doc for the sake of it...

The fee is $20 for processing
    The fee is $15 for return documents (Fedex etc)

Total: $35

There is an option to pay by credit card on https://www.in.ckgs.us. You have to pay 3% surcharge. Otherwise, pay by cashier check.

***: In a way, Indian govt is somewhat better, US govt or any other govt won't give green cards (in our case OCI) with so ease in my opinion...
    Last edited by radhamadhuri; 03-07-2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by radhamadhuri View Post
      Just follow https://www.in.ckgs.us/resources/pdf...r-us-minor.pdf. I met a person in San Francisco office who followed the former. Please NOTE, those additional documents does not make any sense but we are dealing with indian bureaucracy*** ...Just follow the pdf doc for the sake of it...

The fee is $20 for processing
      The fee is $15 for return documents (Fedex etc)

Total: $35

There is an option to pay by credit card on https://www.in.ckgs.us. You have to pay 3% surcharge. Otherwise, pay by cashier check.

***: In a way, Indian govt is somewhat better, US govt or any other govt won't give green cards (in our case OCI) with so ease in my opinion...
      Isnt OCI cards sent/given by Indian government?. In that case, why consulates in US have different rules?.

SFO = No original passports. Other states= send original passports. Who validates original anyway? With what docs they compare with?

Comment

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
        Isnt OCI cards sent/given by Indian government?. In that case, why consulates in US have different rules?.

SFO = No original passports. Other states= send original passports. Who validates original anyway? With what docs they compare with?
        Good question.However, they have to follow certain rules governed by state government where they are located. (eg: State of california). Just my guess. You could ask same question to Indian Government/Embassy/Cox&Kings why rules are different for SF vs other consulates...

Comment

Originally posted by radhamadhuri View Post
          Good question.However, they have to follow certain rules governed by state government where they are located. (eg: State of california). Just my guess. You could ask same question to Indian Government/Embassy/Cox&Kings why rules are different for SF vs other consulates...
          Certain state regulations related to US related policies not about collecting INDIAN passports ..

Comment

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
            Certain state regulations related to US related policies not about collecting INDIAN passports ..
            I see... I thought there could be related rules...eg: If an immigration officer asks a foreign resident to leave the country then they can't say "My passport is held up with Indian Embassy..so, I can't leave now... etc..Just my guess as mentioned above".

Just today, I submitted OCI application in person. I missed this question to ask. I will ask this question next time when I go in-person for match-up process and post the answer why there is difference between SF and other embassies.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X