Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor travelling on New / Old Passport without OCI Reissue

Hi
    My family will be traveling to India in about a month. We all have OCI cards, however my kids passports were renewed last year. Since we don't have time to apply for reissue of OCI based on the new passport I was going to apply for Entry Visa for my kids.

I wanted to check if anyone has any recent experience entering India, with minors travelling with Old & New passport and their OCI card.

Thanks
    Vik

Originally posted by Jack Sack View Post
    Hi
    My family will be traveling to India in about a month. We all have OCI cards, however my kids passports were renewed last year. Since we don't have time to apply for reissue of OCI based on the new passport I was going to apply for Entry Visa for my kids.

I wanted to check if anyone has any recent experience entering India, with minors travelling with Old & New passport and their OCI card.

Thanks
    Vik
    shouldn't have any issue, travel with multiple passport with valid visa is international rule, eventually you may encounter the custom contest you why not do visa transfer but can't reject you, unless you have some bad record.

Comment

Hi, I went thru the same issue last year, I was travelling with my kids renewed passports which didn't have the OCI VISA, but I did not face any issues since we had the old passport that has the U VISA, we are travelling this year, looks like some wording has changed on the consular general website, saying that it's mandatory to get OCI re-issued each time a minor gets a new passport. Did some calling around, talked to people, finally on the Bureau of Immigration website found this information which clearly states that as long as you carry the old passport that has the LIFELONG U visa type, you should be good to enter the country.

Here is the link.

Overseas Citizen Of India (OCI) :-
      Passengers who are carrying old cancelled passports having Life Long Indian "U" Visa Sticker affixed on it along with new passport are allowed entry into India.
      Even if the OCI card holder acquires nationality of a different country, except that of Pakistan and Bangladesh, he/she is also allowed entry into India provided he/she is carrying his/her old passport having Life Long Indian "U" Visa sticker pasted on it along with the new passport of the recently acquired nationality.

Comment

Hi

Thanks
        Vik
        you had made huge mistake, shouldn't apply visa because may cancel the oci U-visa once Visa granted! mean you can't apply reissue of OCI for $25 plus service fee, instead you need to apply for new oci. travel on 3 travel documents bring you no issues, but now you may loss oci

Comment

Any more experience of Kid traveling with U-visa stamp on an expired passport

I am in the same boat! Has anyone traveled recently with u-stamp on an expired passport of a under-20 kid? I have done it in the past (old passport + new passport + OCI card).

But, I am worried now. Not enough time to get OCI reissued on the new passport.

Please help.

rgs

Comment

Originally posted by rgsoni View Post
            I am in the same boat! Has anyone traveled recently with u-stamp on an expired passport of a under-20 kid? I have done it in the past (old passport + new passport + OCI card).

But, I am worried now. Not enough time to get OCI reissued on the new passport.

Please help.

rgs
            you should be fine! contact your airline to confirm

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
              you should be fine! contact your airline to confirm
              Why airline?.. What immigration rules info they have?.

Comment

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
                Why airline?.. What immigration rules info they have?.
                Airline because they have the immigration and customs regulations requirements update. basically they are guaranteeing your flight if you got rejected at the custom. they will tell you yes or no, some airlines maybe say no because they don't want to take the responsibility.

Comment

Airline because they have the immigration and customs regulations requirements update. basically they are guaranteeing your flight if you got rejected at the custom. they will tell you yes or no, some airlines maybe say no because they don't want to take the responsibility.
                  I am also in the same situation. I called up the OCI CKGS this morning and they told me it's a mandatory to renew the OCI and we can't carry the old passport. But in the following web site they mentioned that "Passengers who are carrying old cancelled passports having Life Long Indian "U" Visa Sticker affixed on it along with new passport are allowed entry into India."

So I am not sure whether we should renew it or travel with old passport. If you guys hear anything please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi

Thanks
                    Vik
                    Here is the link.

Overseas Citizen Of India (OCI) :-
                    Passengers who are carrying old cancelled passports having Life Long Indian "U" Visa Sticker affixed on it along with new passport are allowed entry into India.
                    Even if the OCI card holder acquires nationality of a different country, except that of Pakistan and Bangladesh, he/she is also allowed entry into India provided he/she is carrying his/her old passport having Life Long Indian "U" Visa sticker pasted on it along with the new passport of the recently acquired nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by vignette View Post
                      I am also in the same situation. I called up the OCI CKGS this morning and they told me it's a mandatory to renew the OCI and we can't carry the old passport. But in the following web site they mentioned that "Passengers who are carrying old cancelled passports having Life Long Indian "U" Visa Sticker affixed on it along with new passport are allowed entry into India."

So I am not sure whether we should renew it or travel with old passport. If you guys hear anything please let me know. Thanks in advance.
                      forget about stupid call center of ckgs, they don't know. just do what i advise you.

Comment

forget about stupid call center of ckgs, they don't know. just do what i advise you.
                        Great. Let me take that risk Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by vignette View Post
                          Great. Let me take that risk Thanks a lot!
                          I talked to my airlines Qatar Airways going to Hyderabad, they are fine with U VISA on an expired passport as long as you carry both the passports and the OCI card itself(needed during immigration in India)

Comment

Originally posted by rareddy View Post
                            I talked to my airlines Qatar Airways going to Hyderabad, they are fine with U VISA on an expired passport as long as you carry both the passports and the OCI card itself(needed during immigration in India)
                            Awesome. Very glad to hear that. Thanks again

Comment

Travel Update - OCI experience

Hi:

I am assuming some of you who posted recently wrapped up your trip and back in USA.
                              Hope your had a safe and fun trip.
                              just checking if u had issue with OCI renewal for your kids as I am in same boat and traveling in a week.

Thanks

MG

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X