Oci @ ny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oci @ ny

My daughter OCI application status @ gov.in site says Document Received at NEW YORK CGI on 18-Jan-2017. But, I have not got any OCI match up process email. Do I need to wait and there is not match up process now?

Anybody in my situation?

Thanks.

Did you send her original US passport to CKGS NY at the time of submitting documents?
    Or did you submit only the copies of documents?
    Application Center: CKGS NY
    OCI
    Feb 3, 2017 -Application Received & Verification Complete
    Feb 6 -'Under Process' at CKGS
    Feb 7 -In-Transit & Under Process at Consulate
    Feb 8 -Govt of India: Date Of Acknowledgment
    -Documents Printing Status: UNDER-PROCESS

RENUNCIATION
    Feb 3,2017 -Application Received & Verification Complete
    Feb 8 -'Reviewed' by Consulate and ‘In Transit’ to CKGS

Comment

Only copies. Does match up process still exist?

Comment

hmm..I thought it still does. But I'm also still catching up, as I see folks on this forum asking if they have to send their original US passport at the time of OCI submission. So, maybe things have changed in 2017 for NY? Can someone who recently applied in NY CKGS please confirm if you are asked to send US passport along with OCI application?

At this point, as 10 days has passed since your last status change, the best thing for you would be to call CKGS Customer Service and ask them why you haven't received any notification from CKGS and what are the next steps?

When you find out, can you please update this thread on your follow-up? Thanks.
        OCI

RENUNCIATION

Comment

Originally posted by jenim View Post
          hmm..I thought it still does. But I'm also still catching up, as I see folks on this forum asking if they have to send their original US passport at the time of OCI submission. So, maybe things have changed in 2017 for NY? Can someone who recently applied in NY CKGS please confirm if you are asked to send US passport along with OCI application?

At this point, as 10 days has passed since your last status change, the best thing for you would be to call CKGS Customer Service and ask them why you haven't received any notification from CKGS and what are the next steps?

When you find out, can you please update this thread on your follow-up? Thanks.
          match up for original passport only for whom apply for OCI re-issue and OCI in lieu of PIO card. plus do not send your passport or PIO, OCI card at the beginning process. you will not able to get it back from CKGS until no expected day.

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
            match up for original passport only for whom apply for OCI re-issue and OCI in lieu of PIO card. plus do not send your passport or PIO, OCI card at the beginning process. you will not able to get it back from CKGS until no expected day.
            So, if someone is applying for their OCI for the very first time (not reissue) at what point in the process do they have to send in their US passport to CKGS NY?
            OCI

RENUNCIATION

Comment

OK, Thanks. I am going to call them tomorrow and update this group.

Comment

Originally posted by prashupit View Post
                OK, Thanks. I am going to call them tomorrow and update this group.
                Thanks. When you call the NY number, it's always the reps in India that answer. If all they give you is the same status update that you have already seen, tell them you want to speak to a Supervisor. Or ask them to follow up with folks at CKGS NY location so as to find out if there's still a match-up process for your case, and if/when the US PP should be sent.
                OCI

RENUNCIATION

Comment

@prashupit
                  I actually got a call from CKGS India customer Service after I sent an email to them. I asked them if the match-up process is still in place. Your suspicion is right, there is no match-up process anymore IF you have applied recently. You are supposed to submit original US PP at the time of submitting all OCI documents.
                  According to the Customer Service rep:
                  1. CKGS NY will perform their verification (1-2 business days)
                  2. Then they will send the US PP to CGI NY for verification (he does not know how long it will take for CGI NY to complete their verification).
                  3. CGI NY will send the US PP back to CKGS NY after their verification.
                  4. At that time, if you had opted for Pick-up, CKGS NY will send you an email to come and pick-up the US PP (or if you have paid for their courier service, then US PP will be couriered to you).

But I know your situation is different as you were not required to submit the US PP along with other documents. If you are logged in "My Account" , does the "OCI Track & Trace" show you where you are at currently?
                  OCI

RENUNCIATION

Comment

Originally posted by jenim View Post
                    So, if someone is applying for their OCI for the very first time (not reissue) at what point in the process do they have to send in their US passport to CKGS NY?
                    only passport needed is the Indian passport for renunciation. and only the latest Indian passport, not all the old Indian passports

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X