Passport renewal - change in appearance affidavit, Annexure E form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport renewal - change in appearance affidavit, Annexure E form

Helping my father renew his passport. None of the change in appearance items apply (list here: https:///miscellaneous services-for-...ssport-in-usa/).

But I was unable to advance past this form on the CKGS website without completing and pressing 'Submit'. Are we required to submit this form, if none of the 'change in appearance' items apply? And if not required, why does CKGS not permit us to skip over it on their website?

On Annexure E Form, the CKGS automatically inserts date of arrival in the US into line #2, which states that applicant has been residing at [current addresss] since [date of arrival in US]. This is an idiotic assumption to make, but there is no option to edit this form on the CKGS website. I suppose I can cross it out by hand, insert actual date that pertains to that address and initial it. But I'm guessing CKGS will then flag this.

What has everyone else done for this section, assuming you haven't been residing at current address since arrival in the US?
    Last edited by vonugrad; 04-29-2017, 02:25 PM.

Originally posted by vonugrad View Post
    Helping my father renew his passport. None of the change in appearance items apply (list here: https:///miscellaneous services-for-...ssport-in-usa/).

But I was unable to advance past this form on the CKGS website without completing and pressing 'Submit'. Are we required to submit this form, if none of the 'change in appearance' items apply? And if not required, why does CKGS not permit us to skip over it on their website?

On Annexure E Form, the CKGS automatically inserts date of arrival in the US into line #2, which states that applicant has been residing at [current addresss] since [date of arrival in US]. This is an idiotic assumption to make, but there is no option to edit this form on the CKGS website. I suppose I can cross it out by hand, insert actual date that pertains to that address and initial it. But I'm guessing CKGS will then flag this.

What has everyone else done for this section, assuming you haven't been residing at current address since arrival in the US?
    Same problem here. I called up CKGS. They said this is a known issue its okay if the ANNEXURE assumes that you have been staying in the place since your arrival in US.

Comment

Same problem. I called up CKGS and they said this is a known issue. It is okay that the ANNEXURE E assumes that you have stayed in the same location ever since arriving in US.

Comment

Originally posted by djmalice View Post
        Same problem. I called up CKGS and they said this is a known issue. It is okay that the ANNEXURE E assumes that you have stayed in the same location ever since arriving in US.
        Yes, I called today and got the same response.

It seems to me that with all the brilliant tech people coming out of India, CKGS and the Indian government (the 1990s wants their website back!) have chosen the least competent.

Comment

Hello vonugrad

I am stuck at the page "Affidavit for Change in Appearance and Signature" too as you've mentioned. How do I go pass this page? What did you do? I can't enter any name at this section below. It is not editable.
          "I <myname> son daughter wife husband of Name <right here>, resident of , USA and holder of passport no xxx issued on Jul xx, 2xxx at SANFRANCISCO"

Neither I can enter "submit" or skip this page. What do I do?
          I can't believe it requres to pay to talk to an agent. I sent them email. Let's see what they say.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharmistha Sarkar Gray View Post
            Hello vonugrad

I am stuck at the page "Affidavit for Change in Appearance and Signature" too as you've mentioned. How do I go pass this page? What did you do? I can't enter any name at this section below. It is not editable.
            "I <myname> son daughter wife husband of Name <right here>, resident of , USA and holder of passport no xxx issued on Jul xx, 2xxx at SANFRANCISCO"

I can't believe it requres to pay to talk to an agent. I sent them email. Let's see what they say.

I completed the Affidavit for Change in Appearance and Signature. The affidavit just states that "my appearance has changed" and "my signature has changed", and that your current appearance and signature are as represented in the affidvavit, where you affix a photo and sign.

So even if neither appearance or signature has changed, just say that they have, complete the affidavit and include it with your application. That's what we did and we received the new passport.

Comment

Affidavit for Change in Appearnace and Signature

Originally posted by Sharmistha Sarkar Gray View Post
              Hello vonugrad

Hi,
              I have the same problem. How did you solve this problem?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X