Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistake in Government application form after completing online application on CKGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake in Government application form after completing online application on CKGS

I completed the CKGS online passport application. I have a walk in appointment this week for submission of my documents. I realized that the "other address" field in the government online application form entered by me was incorrect. I know that once you get a web reference number from the government website, you cannot edit it. So i started a new application on government website, entered all the correct information and got a new web reference number. Now i need to use this new web reference number on the existing CKGS application(which was already completed till the last step before). Does anyone know what should i do in this case?

PS: I used the same address in both the address fields "Permanent address" and "other address" fields. According to the guidelines for the form, it says this is incorrect. So i am trying to link a new submitted online application form.
    Last edited by passporthelp; 03-04-2018, 04:14 PM.

Just call CKGS

I had the same situation. Just call CKGS and give them the new govt application reference number. They will link it.

Comment

Same situation, need help

Hi passporthelp,

I am in the same situation now. I used the same address in both the address fields "Permanent address" and "other address" fields.
      Did they allow you to re do the Online Passport Application Form alone and linked the new Webfile Number to existing CKGS application ?
      Or did you have to do the entire CKGS application again ?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by helppassport View Post
        Hi passporthelp,

I am in the same situation now. I used the same address in both the address fields "Permanent address" and "other address" fields.
        Did they allow you to re do the Online Passport Application Form alone and linked the new Webfile Number to existing CKGS application ?
        Or did you have to do the entire CKGS application again ?

Please let me know.

Thanks
        Call them and explain your situation. I did that and they asked me fill a new application and call them back with the file number. They will link it and you will be able to proceed further.

Comment

Same Mistake

Did you fill out the ckgs application or just the nri form? They are telling me to cancel the entire application and fill it out again. Cant we just edit the nri form?

Comment

Same Mistake

[QUOTE=helppassport;572452]Hi passporthelp,

Or did you have to do the entire CKGS application again ? They are saying i need to cancel my application first and re do it.

Please let me know.

Thanks Chaitali

Comment

Govt form

The original question is about the government form. My answer was about it.

If you made the mistake with CKGS form and if you didn't pay yet, I would suggest starting a new form. If you paid, then call them and ask for assistance. I am not sure if there is a cancellation option and get the full refund.

Comment

online appln form

Not sure if you did teh online appln form for oCI

There it seems to have mandatory fields for State of Birth and Applicant's father/mothers name;
                US passport doe snot have such details

Not sure if this causes any issues

Comment

I am in this same exact situation now. Error in embassay application form and when I contacted ckgs they said they have no way to link a new embassy application with the existing ckgs reference number and hence have to resubmit a new ckgs application from the beginning.

Does anyone know what happens to the ckgs fees that I have paid already ? Would it apply towards the new CKGS application that I would fill out or would I have to pay again and request for a refund for the first payment that was made ?

appreciate any feedback from others that might have gone thru this with CKGS.

thanks
                  Raja

Comment

Is everyone suggesting that in case of any concerns, I can always ask CKGS to link the correct Government Web reference number ( from the indian website) for my passport re-issual procedure?

Comment

I am facing the same situation like @traja1985 mentioned. Can you let me know what you have done finally? I did a typo in the other address line.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X