• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on how to proceed - OCI application

Hello Folks,

Would greatly appreciate your advice on this:

Background:
    I got my US citizenship in 2008.
    I have lost my Physical PIO card, but I do have photocopy of 3 important pages (front , Middle and last page) . However, if the requirement is to notarize those copies since I dont have the PIo card it will not be done.
    I also dont have my physical Indian Passport, but have photocopy of few pages where it shows " Passport Cancelled as acquired US nationality". However, I dont have photocopy of all the pages, just few pages as mentioned.
    In the long list of documents to be provided, it says for:
    - Indian Origin Proof - Cancelled Indian Passport. First three and last two pages. [[Well, I have first page and maybe last page]]
    - Proof of Renunciation of Indian Citizenship **> Renunciation Certificate -- [[I dont have this]

Questions:
    Q1: Given above situation, should I apply for New OCI card + Renunciation which cost about $295 . Or OCI in lieu of lost PIO card which costs about $220.
    Q2: Since I was naturalized before May 2010, is it fair to say, I need not have to do anything else on Renunciation aspect?
    Q3: If you suggest OCI ( In lieu of lost PIO) , then do i need to apply for renunciation before applying for OCI? Whats the order
    Q4: How do I satisfy the Indian origin proof since I dont have all the photocopy of the pages specified
    Q5: Any other dodumcnets, important stuff, tips you can share which I am missing?

Again , thanks for taking the time reading and providing your feedback

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X