Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My kid is in India with expired PIO, what to do now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My kid is in India with expired PIO, what to do now?

Hello Sir/Madam,
    My daughter (born in 2002) entered in India from USA in 2003 with PIO card. Since then she is in India with her parents. Holing updated US passport up to date. I just noticed that the PIO card expiry date was Feb-2018, that was my fault I didn't notice. Now what is next, Shall I go and apply OCI card? If so, how the gap from Feb-2018 till today will be treated? Will this gap be treated as overstay? Or is there any other workaround? Appreciated your valuable suggestions.

Thanks you
    Kalees

Try

Originally posted by v_kalees View Post
    Hello Sir/Madam,
    My daughter (born in 2002) entered in India from USA in 2003 with PIO card. Since then she is in India with her parents. Holing updated US passport up to date. I just noticed that the PIO card expiry date was Feb-2018, that was my fault I didn't notice. Now what is next, Shall I go and apply OCI card? If so, how the gap from Feb-2018 till today will be treated? Will this gap be treated as overstay? Or is there any other workaround? Appreciated your valuable suggestions.

Thanks you
    Kalees
    Please stop thinking the Indian way and try. Start the OCI application now. Google for "FRRO OCI" or search in this forum. Once you get it done, post your experience in immihelp!

Comment

Hello, could you update me what happened in your case? Did you able to apply for new OCI after PIO expiry? Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X