PIO to OCI conversion Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO to OCI conversion Question

I have a valid PIO card but my US passport has expired. Since then I have gotten a new US passport. Since PIO is being phased out , can I apply for conversion of PIO card to OCI or will I have to first change passport # on current pio and then apply for conversion ? Please advise.

Originally posted by sky1970 View Post
    I have a valid PIO card but my US passport has expired. Since then I have gotten a new US passport. Since PIO is being phased out , can I apply for conversion of PIO card to OCI or will I have to first change passport # on current pio and then apply for conversion ? Please advise.
    Yes you can just apply for conversion of PIO Card to OCI but when you fill out the form you will have to upload the documents like your old pp which is cancelled copy and new pp copy. When you are filling out the form, and they ask for ur pp # fill out your new pp # online on your new pp number..are u applying from US or India?

If India, read my post which might help you but the only difference is I lost my US PP And PIO in India and reapplied for NEW US PP and OCI After filing FIR report for both. Siince you have not lost your US PP AND PIO, yours will be a less pain. Ensure you click on "OCI Registration In Lieu Of Valid PIO Card"

Read my post if ur applying from India it might help you

Comment

Originally posted by Omarmpatel View Post
      Yes you can just apply for conversion of PIO Card to OCI but when you fill out the form you will have to upload the documents like your old pp which is cancelled copy and new pp copy. When you are filling out the form, and they ask for ur pp # fill out your new pp # online on your new pp number..are u applying from US or India?

If India, read my post which might help you but the only difference is I lost my US PP And PIO in India and reapplied for NEW US PP and OCI After filing FIR report for both. Siince you have not lost your US PP AND PIO, yours will be a less pain. Ensure you click on "OCI Registration In Lieu Of Valid PIO Card"

Read my post if ur applying from India it might help you

https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...i-stay-in-pune

This is very helpful ! Thanks for taking the time and answering my question. I am applying from US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X