X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to upload Supporting Documents on the Government Website for OCI

Hi,

Issue#1
    I am trying to upload the supporting documents on the Government Website for OCI application of my minor/infant child (US Citizen), but the website just does not show that the PDF document uploaded successfully or not. I keep getting a blank page after I hit upload. The photo and thumb impressions (JPEG) got uploaded successfully.

I tried IE, Chrome, Firefox on desktop, tablet, laptop but every time I receive a blank page. I have ensured that all the PDFs are <500 KB but that has not seemed to help. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here? Or if the government website is broken? What are other alternatives?

Issue#2
    Also I am not able to find the "affidavit in lieu of originals" form on CKGS website, it does not allow me to go to My Accounts tab with the Government Web Reference # or the CKGS Reference #. It just says that the information does not match. But I have already made the payment for the OCI application to CKGS, and do see the receipt every time I enter the CKGS Reference # at the bottom of the website.

Any help is much appreciated, I have wasted hours searching for options/solutions on the web but have come empty handed. I have dropped a note to CKGS and will also be sending a note to the email listed on the Government OCI submission website.

Update for Issue #1

I was able to upload the documents during the India Business hours, it was failing over the weekend but when I tried now (India Business Hours) I was successful with my uploads.

However Issue$2 still persists as CKGS has not asked for the Government Web file # in it's application/site and there for I cannot reach to My Accounts on CKGS website without that linkage and therefore I am unable to access documents in the checklist (specifically the "affidavit in lieu of the originals")

Comment

Call CKGS

Originally posted by kekambus View Post
      I was able to upload the documents during the India Business hours, it was failing over the weekend but when I tried now (India Business Hours) I was successful with my uploads.

However Issue$2 still persists as CKGS has not asked for the Government Web file # in it's application/site and there for I cannot reach to My Accounts on CKGS website without that linkage and therefore I am unable to access documents in the checklist (specifically the "affidavit in lieu of the originals")
      Call CKGS. They will help you link your govt application number if that doesn't happen automatically or you have to create a new govt application. I made a mistake and had to start a new govt application. Called CKGS after that and they helped me.

Comment

Renunciation Certificate

Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
        Call CKGS. They will help you link your govt application number if that doesn't happen automatically or you have to create a new govt application. I made a mistake and had to start a new govt application. Called CKGS after that and they helped me.
        Hi Liberty48, I am applying for renunciation certificate for me, my wife and my son 7 years old and then will apply for OCI.
        As an address proof for my son, what is document that people are submitting?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Both parents id card

Originally posted by grnwch View Post
          Hi Liberty48, I am applying for renunciation certificate for me, my wife and my son 7 years old and then will apply for OCI.
          As an address proof for my son, what is document that people are submitting?

Thanks in advance
          Just scan both you and your wife's driving license on one page and upload it. That is what I did for my child.

Comment

I am getting blank page issue as well. Tried all the option. Really, this whole OCI online process sucks. The bureaucratic clowns have no idea on how to get this right

Comment

Keep calling CKGS. Like you posted her, keep spreading the story. I hope someday MEA/CKGS will make it better. I have done 4 OCIs and renewed 2 for new passport. I know how painful this is.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X