Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO to OCI conversion delays

Hello,

I submitted my daughters PIO to OCI application form online and will need to go to FRRO Bangalore to submit in person. I have some concerns -

1. We will submit it before this week ends
    2. We need to travel out of the country in May (may 18th) and I was told that it could take upto 3 months to generate the OCI card

I was also told that I could get a visa for the interim period if the OCI card doesn't come in time. Could someone please provide me with some information on this?

Thank you!

Visa?

Originally posted by sumaivy View Post
    Hello,

I submitted my daughters PIO to OCI application form online and will need to go to FRRO Bangalore to submit in person. I have some concerns -

1. We will submit it before this week ends
    2. We need to travel out of the country in May (may 18th) and I was told that it could take upto 3 months to generate the OCI card

I was also told that I could get a visa for the interim period if the OCI card doesn't come in time. Could someone please provide me with some information on this?

Thank you!
    Are you in India already? How did you get to India first? Did you get a visa for your daughters? If so, why don't you extend the visa and travel back? If you haven't traveled to India yet, get a visa. Otherwise, you to share more info for others to help.

Comment

Can you update your status with PIO? Did you get an OCI card? I am in a similar situation. My daughter(minor) is currently in India and have Handwritten PIO card issued in 2013 and valid upto 2018. Due to family emergency we could not convert PIO to OCI earlier and now the deadline is 31st March 2019 (15 days from now). She would need probably exit permit when leaving to USA from india sometime in may 2019. Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X