Pio Card For My Wife-please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pio Card For My Wife-please Help

MY WIFE IS AN AMERICAN, I AM AN INDIAN AND I AM PLANNING FOR PIO CARD FOR MY WIFE. WHAT I NEED TO SUBMIT ALONG APPLICATION MEANS DO I NEED TO SEND POOF OF MY MARRAIGE ETC.

Please help!!!

Thanks in Advance!!

the spouse of a pio card holder is eligible.

relevent criteria as posted on the Washington DC Embassywebsite:

(b) "Person of Indian origin" means a foreign citizen not being a citizen of Pakistan, Bangladesh and other countries as may be specified by the Central Government from time to time if.

(i) he/she at any time held a Indian passport; or

(ii) he/she or either of his/her parents or grand parents or great grand parents was born in and permanently resident in India as defined in the Government of India Act, 1935 and other territories that became part of India thereafter provided neither was at any time a citizens of any of the aforesaid countries (as referred to in 2(b)above; or

(iii) he/she is a spouse of a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin covered under (i) or (ii) above.

I've talked to the San Francisco consulate a couple of times. Proof of a legal wedding is required. We were married in India but did not register. Therefore we had to marry legally in the US.

What 99% of the Indian consulate web sites fail to mention is you need to be legally married for a year before applying for the spouses PIO card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X