Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for PIO Card in India

Hi,
    My son is US born and he is in Bangalore since last 2 year on Visa. I would like to apply for PIO need following information:

1. We are in Bnaglore, as per the details provide in this site, we need to apply to New Delhi FRO. In order to apply at New Delhi, Need to know where we can get the application form and what are the documents required, how to apply and what is fee.

2. My sons Visa and Passport will expire in Sept 2007. Is it good to renew the passport and apply for PIO? As per the details provided PIO will show passport details and if there are any changes to passport we need to send the PIO for updating the same.

3. Since his passport expires in Sept 2007, can we renew this now (before 7 months of expire)

4. How along does it take to get PIO?

Kindly provide me clarity on apply for PIO from Bangalore.

Regards
    Suja

1. Read New
    2. Yes, better to do it after renewing the passport.
    3. Yes.
    3. 3-4 weeks.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi,
      I am also in a very similar situation like Suja. I was reading thru some other forums where it is mentioned that we need to have US birth certificates I have been told that apostilled and attested. Is this true?

Also if someone who has successfully gone thru & got a PIO card from within India, if they can share their experience it would really be helpful

Rajesh

Comment

I am in the same situation. My son is a US citizen. I went to the FRO office in B'lore and was told i will have to take my son and go to New Delhi to submit the papers. thats sounds a little extreme. cant it be done by post ?

any help is appreciated.

thanks,
        Vikram.

Comment

Yes you should be to send by post if I am not mistaken

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X