PIO question please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO question please help

I am a US citizen living in USA, born to Indian parents who became naturalized US citizens (parents currently hold US passports but were born in India). My grandparents still alive and live in India. My parents do not have copies of their old Indian passports anymore - these Indian passports were surrendered at the time of US citizenship.

I am, by definition a PIO and would like to obtain the PIO card. What is my best option to prove my PIO status? I have copies of parent's birth certificates and marriage licenses (no photo with these documents).

What should I submit with my application given that I do not have parent's Indian passports anymore? Thank you.

I think you should be able to use your Grand Parents' passport copy since PIO is given to decendents upto 3 generations.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, just sharing my point of view.

Comment

thanks - any other option

thanks - my grandparents are elderly and may not have kept their passports - I will plan on visiting them in India in a few months to see if copying their passports would work.

1) would these copies need to be notarized in India?
      2) if grandparents passports are not available - is there any other option?

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X