Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name swapped in passport & H1

Hi All,

My firstname and lastname are swapped in the Passport. I have noticed it lately and H1 visa also has my firstname and lastname being swapped. All my other documents have my name mentioned correctly, including H1B approval.

I'm just wondering if the "name issue" will be a problem at the port of entry to U.S ? What should i do while filling my name in the immigration forms on landing in the US ? Should i write as it is in the Passport ? or should i explain the authorities that there is a error in passport.

I have searched all over the net, but couldn't get concrete info on this.
    Worried a bit on this. Kindly throw some light.

Thanks.

The US consulate simply copies the name "exactly" as it is in your passport.
    So when you saw the name swapped in your passport you should have gotten a new passport issued with the correct name.

There may be a possiblility of the passport issuing authoring putting a stamp on the one of pages saying what you name should be read as, and after that its not much of a problem to get it corrected on the visa at the consulate.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

If i get the name correction in PP, is it still possible to get correction in VISA at my home country US consulate ? Or can this correction be done once i'm in the U.S ?
      If the PP authorities issue me a new PP, should i carry old and new PP, bcos old PP will have the visa stamping.

Comment

need ur help

Originally posted by blrsan
        Thanks for the reply.

If i get the name correction in PP, is it still possible to get correction in VISA at my home country US consulate ? Or can this correction be done once i'm in the U.S ?
        If the PP authorities issue me a new PP, should i carry old and new PP, bcos old PP will have the visa stamping.
        hi,
        I have the same problem as urs(name swapped) in pp and on my h-4 visa.Is it possible to correct this in U.S as it has been a month since i arrived in U.S and noticed it just now.The DMV here say's that i cant get a driving permit bcoz of this.Whereas my other documnts,like my Tax id and other certificates has my proper name.Pls tell me what's the procedure.Would appreciate ur help and advice
        Thanx
        Last edited by syl; 05-14-2008, 10:59 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X