X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REQUEST for Confirmation of Removal of ECR

Dear Sir

May seek your kind IMMI Help regarding ECR

I am told by my Travel Agent that this has been removed and is no more required for travel to any country. However, on checking your website I note that the regulations are still in operation. I am planning to visit my brother in Bahrain with my wife and mother in Aug and would like to know for sure the actual status of ECR.

Most grateful if you could clarify or advice on how I could obtain clarification

Anxiously awaiting your early reply

Thank you Take care
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (Emigration Policy Division) have allowed ECR passport holders traveling abroad for purposes others than employment to leave the country on production of valid passport, valid visa and return ticket at the immigration counters at international airports in India w.e.f. 1st October 2007.
    Immihelp Support

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam

We are most grateful for your swift eM of 19 May clarifying my query Pleased to note that the ECR/ECNR requirement has been removed for tourists from 1 Oct 2007. Only concerned about your last line - No legal advice. Use at your own risk. It should not apply to me with valid visa and return air ticket to visit my brother in Bahrain.

Thank you
      Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X