PIO Application - eligibility criteria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO Application - eligibility criteria

I was born in India, but I never had an Indian citizenship. Instead, I had a Kenyan nationality. I just became a US citizen some time ago. My wife, however, was an Indian citizen and currently has OCI status. My great grand-father was a citizen of British India.

a. I would like to apply for PIO based on my wife's connection with India. When my wife applied for OCI in Toronto, the consulate took away her Indian passport.
    I was under the impression, a photocopy of the old Indian passport will be needed. Will this cause a problem? Can I just send a photocopy of her Canadian passport with the OCI stamp on it?

b. I have to send my application to the Houston Consulate. I am assuming I will just need to send notarized copies of all the documents including my US passport. If this is not true, please let me know. I took my information from this link http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...citizen+spouse
    Last edited by tukrumunu; 03-17-2009, 11:25 AM.

That was my thread you noted, and that's all that was needed for PIO in my case. A notarized copy of her Canadian passport with OCI stamp makes sense to me (of course my vote doesn't count...), but I'd include a letter explaining why you don't can't provide a copy of the Indian passport.

One thing I didn't mention in the post was that I used color copies for all documents -- a little more spendy, but they also look more impressive...

------------------------------------------
    Not an attorney, just opinionated...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X