Queries over child OCI/india Visa when parents H1b Extension in process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queries over child OCI/india Visa when parents H1b Extension in process

My visa expired in Jan 15 and daughter was born on 12th Feb. CUrrently working in 240 days legal period and extension in progress. I want the safest option to have the visa ready for child in case our H1b is rejected after few months and need to leave USA. I came to know from old blogs about parents approved visa rule for OCI. Please let me know what will be the safest option to start with kid OCI/visa.

One interesting fact, my friend in office who just seat next to me (State PA) got child OCI approved early this year from NY CKGS/consolate when visa extension in process without any problem. Is that mean the rule differs case basis or some change happened reently?

Please suggest me in this situation.

Anyone any comment please.

Comment

Just my opinion..... I am not sure why you are waiting. Just get the visa. Provide the documents you have (incl. expired visa). If CKGS/Consulate rejects or has questions, explain your situation. They have to give a legal document for your daughter to fly to India. OCI takes a month or more. If you get the extension, then apply for OCI. If you trying to wait for the extension before you decide, good luck (in a positive way). But I think you are looking for the safest option. Then don't wait.

Comment

Thank you Liberty48 for your suggestion. I am waiting to get the passport. Once it is delivered , I will start the visa process.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X