Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse Name issue

hello
    i have a strange situation here. Oci form to completed be soon. Ckgs application done. Govt oci form not done yet due to this confusion.
    applicants passport shows spouses FIRST NAME ONLY
    spouses passport shows FIRST-MIDDLE-LAST name
    supporting document ( marriage certif) shows spouses FIRST-MID-LAST Name

Now when i enter spouses name in ckgs AND govt website
    should I enter spouses first name only ( based on applicants indian pp)
    or spouses first middle and last name based on spouses US pp and mrg certif?

spouse has a court order for name change but thats
    Pretty much for old last name to new last name
    whereas applicants pp shows only spouses first name- neither old or new last name.

how to handle this?
    shd i give only first name in ckgs and oci govt application?
    will oci be rejected as mrg certif has first and last name?

IMO, use the name as is the passport demographics/photo page. Keep it consistent in all applications. You should update the spouse name in the applicant passport when you renew the passport.

Comment

Thank you. I called ckgs they asked me to use the name of spouse given in current ( US) pp and furnish copy of the spouses USA PP and Marriage certificate as evidence.
      i hope they will accept it as I am still worried that the applicants indian PP only has spouses first name in it.

Comment

Hello ,
        While I was about to send in my physical documents for oci, i realized i missed the spouse oci part. Spouse has oci and i did not put that info in. By error i put no while i shd have put yes.Spouse just got the oci card barely 2 weeks ago.Should i redo entire application for that? What are the chances it will show up as an error in their system and cause application to be rejected???please advise

Comment

If you have paid the fees, call CKGS and tell them the OCI approved after you started the application. They should be able to help to update your application. If you haven't paid the fees, start a new application.

Comment

Ok thank you.

Comment

Update-
              sent oci documents on july 30, received pp back in a week and received oci card in 3 1/2 weeks.
              thank you!

Comment

I am also facing similar issues I hope this info will help me to solve my problems.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X