Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents for renunciation - Minor Indian Passport

Hello

I am applying for renunciation certificate for my minor daughter (age 8). [Indian citizen by birth, acquired US citizenship]

The checklist calls for the following documents as mandatory
    • [*=1]Naturalization Certificate [*=1]Address proof

My questions

1. Kid doesnot have naturalization certificate. USCIS doesnot provide one for minors. The renunciation checklist asks for 2 documents
    1.1. Copies of parents naturalization certificate - No problem in providing them

1.2. "Notarized statement signed by BOTH parents stating the circumstances that their child received his/her naturalization status and why the child does not possess his/her own certificate"

- Is the above statement mandatory, when the parent's naturalization certificates are available ? If it is still needed, is there a template for this document ? [It is a USCIS policy that they do not offer Naturalization certi for minors]

2. Address proof - No mention of what kind of documents are needed for kids. They mention about spouse or elderly scenarios. So if a minor doesnot have an address proof , what document is needed ? Will one of the parent's address proof sufficient ? Has anyone had similar experience ?

Refer the attached files from Renunciation Checklist
    Attached Files

Paul, I have the same questions. How did you proceed with this? Can you pls share your experience?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X