Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI In Lieu of PIO

Hello,

I am applying OCI In Lieu of PIO for minor. I have opted for buying shipping labels from CKGS.

Question is why the shipping fee from 'From me to CKGS' is $30 and 'From CKGS to me' is $15?

I will be sending docs to CKGS using Shipping label 1. Do I need to send anything else again to CKGS once that's processed?

I guess my question, what's the next step after I send the docs to CKGS?

Thanks.

You will get your passport back first, then your OCI in another shipment when it is approved.

You will get your passport and other originals back (if any) in a week or 10 days. When your OCI is approved, you will get that in another shipment. You could travel to other countries or get a visa to India if you have to travel soon. Check the experiences section to compare timings of some recent OCI approval in your consulate area.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Since it is for OCI In Lieu of PIO, there was no need to send any originals in 1st shipment. I did call CKGS customer center. They confirmed that original PIO card need to be sent in 2nd shipment. Then new OCI will be sent in the shipment from CKGS to me.

CKGS customer support is very good. I do wish they would put clear instructions in the website though.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X