Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCI issue: Indian Passport (Full Middle Name) vs US Passport (Initial of Middle Name)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI issue: Indian Passport (Full Middle Name) vs US Passport (Initial of Middle Name)

After submitting my OCI documents to ckgs, they sent an email stating they need:

"
    Subject : OCI - Incomplete Document

Document Name : Name Change Documentation (only if selected Name Change)
    Remarks : The applicants name in the OCI Government Form does not match the name in the US / Non US passport.
    Please provide one of the following documents for your application to be processed further:
    1. Official Court Order for the name change OR
    2. Notarized Affidavit saying that the Name of the person in the OCI Government Form and the
    Indian passport belong to the same person.You can ship the document to your CKGS office.

"

This is because my Indian Passport has it as <first name><middle name> <last name>
    whereas my US Passport has it as <first name><middle initial> <last name>
    On the OCI Government Form, I put my name as in my US Passport (<first name><middle initial> <last name>).

So I went with option 2.

I mailed them a Notarized Affidavit stating:

"
    I, <name as in US Passport> of <address> born on <date>, solemnly declare that I am the same individual as stated in the following documents:

Cancelled Indian Passport No. xxx Given Name: <first name> <middle name> Surname: <last name>

OCI Government Form (Indian Origin Applicant) Given Name: <first name> <middle initial> Surname: <last name>

I make this Affidavit to declare the inconsistencies with the names indiated on my documents.

AND I make this solemn declaration, conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it
    is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.

__________________ __________________
    Applicant's Signature Date

NOTARY PUBLIC/LAYWER INFORMATION:

Declared or Sworn before me at __________ in the State of __________ on the Date __________.

Notary public/Lawyer signature and address

"

I also uploaded a copy of the Notarized Affidavit on the website where they allowed.

But later on in the same day I did the upload, they sent another email stating:

"
    Subject : Incomplete Document Rejected
    Document Name : Name Change Documentation (only if selected Name Change)
    Remarks : The applicants name in the OCI Government Form does not match the name in the US / Non US passport.
    Please provide one of the following documents for your application to be processed further:
    1. Official Court Order for the name change OR
    2. Notarized Affidavit saying that the Name of the person in the OCI Government Form and the
    Indian passport belong to the same person.You can ship the document to your CKGS office.
    Rejection Date: <date>
    Reason : PLEASE SEND ORIGINAL NOTARIZED NAME CHANGE DOCUMENT

"

With this, I mailed them a slightly more informative Notarized Affidavit stating the reason why
    the middle name was initialed in the US Passport (that the US Passport application allowed me
    to drop the middle name or put just the initial of the middle name therefore I only put the initial)
    and that there was no official Name Change document or any other document like a Court Order or anything.

I also cannot upload this second Notarized Affidavit on the website as there is no upload option.

I am going to call them to clarify this second Notarized Affidavit but in the meantime
    if anyone has any suggestions/comments, please provide them!

Thx.

Did your application got approved? As I got the same issue. And received hold on my application to submit a Notarized Affidavit.
    After my call to VFS office they told me to send a Notarized Affidavit by post, hence not clear about the format. As I don't want to get it rejected or rework.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X