Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notarized "Affidavit in Lieu of Originals" Not Needed for First Time OCI Application!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notarized "Affidavit in Lieu of Originals" Not Needed for First Time OCI Application!

I'm going through the process of first time OCI application for my wife and me. Jurisdiction: NY-CGI. After filling the government and CKGS forms, I landed in the final page in "My Account" where you download the checklist, shipping label, barcode etc. There was no link to "affidavit in lieu of originals"!!

There was this text:
    "Due to changes in the OCI application process, prepopulated forms will no longer be available on the CKGS website. If any of the below forms are applicable to you (check your Document Checklist), download the forms from https://www.indianembassyusa.gov.in/pages?id=3&subid=14, hand fill and submit along them with your application.
    1. Parental Authorization Form
    2. Additional Particulars Form
    3. Affidavit in Lieu of Originals
    4. Sworn Affidavit (Applying on basis of Spouse)
    "

My checklist indicated that "Affidavit in Lieu of Originals" was needed only for OCI Misc. and OCI in Lieu of PIO services only. To be sure, I contacted CKGS, and the response I received was that "As per the recent update from the Consulate / Embassy Affidavit in Lieu of the original is not required if applied for New OCI. It is required if applied for renewal of OCI Miscellaneous Services."

Just wanted to share this with the forum here and check if anyone had similar experiences or comments. Thank you!

Thank you. I have been searching for this affidavit document and couldn’t find it anywhere.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X