Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documents for OCI Renewal For Minor (US Born)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents for OCI Renewal For Minor (US Born)

Hello,

Can someone help with the documents that we need to upload and submit for OCI Renewal-New Passport for Minor (US Born) and Parents of the minor are Naturalized US Citizens?

As of now, I have gathered the following, but I am not certain if this list is accurate or if I am sending more/less documents than needed.

Upload to Govt website:
    1. Photo
    2. Signature
    3. Copy of Passport - first 2 and endorsement pages
    4. Copy of OCI Card
    5. Applicant's Birth Certificate
    6. Parental authorization form

Submission to CKGS:
    1. OCI Application Form from govt website
    2. 2 photos
    3. Copy of Applicant passport - first 2 and endorsement pages
    4. Oci card (original and copy)
    5. Applicant's Birth Certificate
    6. Both Parent's driver license
    7. Both Parent's US passport
    8. Cashier's check - Cox and Kings Global services USA LLC
    9. Parental authorization form
    10. Affidavit in Lieu of originals
    11. Marriage certificate of parents (not certain if needed)

Thanks,
    Kamal

Where did you get the following forms
    1. Parental authorization form
    2. Affidavit in Lieu of originals
    Did you also upload all these documents to the govt website. I have filled in the forms at the govt website and havent yet started my app at CKGS.

Comment

You get links to those forms after you go through the process on the CKGS website.

Comment

In the checklist, it says to get oci government form notarized as the application is for minor but oci form doesn't say that. There is no space even to sign for both parents. Notary refused to notarize as it doesn't have any template for notary and form doesn't say it needs to be notarized? Do we need to get it notarized?

I got these 2 below forms notarized. Is there any other document that needs to be notarized?
        1. Parental authorization form
        2. Affidavit in Lieu of originals
        Thanks in advance.

Comment

Yes, the form needs to be notarized. My application was put on hold because it was not notarized. The notary from the bank refused to notarize it. I found someone who was willing to notarize eventhough the form does not have any wording related to notarization. Try AAA, UPS or other such places.

Comment

Thanks Kamal. Form has only 1 place for parent signature, in your case did both parent sign at the same place or did you sign in the blank space below and got notarized.

Thanks in advance,Neeraj

Comment

We both signed above the line and put our names next to it. But, I have to tell you that my application is still being processed and don't know if that is acceptable or not.

Comment

Hi Kamal,

Is there any progress on your application? Please keep us posted.

I am in the same boat as you. My application will go to SF CKGS. I got Part A submitted online to GOI, and I'm in the process of uploading the docs for Part B.

Had you gotten the birth certificate apostled?

Thanks.

Comment

Also in addition to the above questions ... looks like you had uploaded "Parental authorization form" to GOI website. Where did you get that from?

Comment

After I sent in the notarized application form, the process moved forward. I just got an email saying the OCI is now with the embassy. I got the Parental Authorization form from the CKGS website. The GOI website does have a way for you to re-upload the Photos and documents, but only before you click the final submit button for the application.

Comment

Hi, In the GOI website you uploaded the notarized copy of 'Parents authorization Form'. My concern is in this case two times I need to go for Notary separately as we also need to notarize the final printed application from GOI but before that we need to upload notarized Parents authorization Form. Does GOI site allows you to upload any doc after you print the FINAL application form to be sent thru CKGS?

Comment

Hello everyone

I am trying to apply a fresh OCI application for minor.

Couple of things are unclear to me
                        1 - Affidavit in Lieu of Originals -- This pdf is nowhere to be found on CKGS or Indian Embassy website. CKGS says if this is applicable then download and hand fill from indian embassy website.
                        2 - Additional Particulars Form -- This pdf is also not available on CKGS although i managed to get this from this website for SF
                        3 - Do we need to send Original US Passport of the minor to CKGS -- CKGS checklist says "DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL PASSPORT IF APPLYING FOR OCI MISC. AND OCI IN LIEU OF PIO CARD" - but mine is a fresh application so i should send ?
                        and then there is this below link which says we should not send original Passport initially which has confused me further
                        /oci-card/oci-documents.html

Thanks in advance
                        Arthur

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X