Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCI issued while minor daughter in India on Visa, how to extend stay beyond 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI issued while minor daughter in India on Visa, how to extend stay beyond 6 months

My wife and daughter traveled to India in February. Wife used the OCI card and daughter used Indian Visa to enter the country. Wife and daughter are currently in India. Daughter's Indian Visa, allows a max stay of 6 months. Before leaving for India, we applied for daughter's OCI. The OCI was issued while the daughter is still in India and the OCI has been collected by me. The question is: if wife and daughter want to stay in India beyond 6 months, what is the procedure to follow ? Thank you for the help in advance.

You could submit an extension on e-frro https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp . I am not sure if the immigration/emigration office will question children staying for more than 6 months. I wonder what the immigration office will do if you send the OCI and they find the kid didn't enter with the OCI. Applying extension may be a safe bet.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X