Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI application form - page 3 (Declaration page) - Applying for minor child

Hi Folks,
    I would like to know whether anyone faced this difference.
    I am about to apply OCI for my kid and done all steps. Took prinout of OCI application form but little confused with page3 where parents have to sign.

First of all there are no label saying Father or Mother signature.

There are two places where it shows signature of applicant. So would like to know whether child has to append thumb impression in both the places and parents need to sign below on empty spaces?
    OR
    Child need to append thumb impression on declaration section and other section called "Applicant for Minor" where parents need to sign?
    OR
    Can i send two copies of page 3 by doing both of above changes. Whether CKGS will accept application form contains two copies of Page 3?
    since we are not allowed to walk-over so this has to go over MAIL.

Please let me know whether any one recently faced this challenge and how you have approached & CKGS response.

Regards,
    Karthick R

I was in similar situation last week. I just made my kid thumb print on both places of page3 and it seems ckgs didn't mind. For parents signature just use the empty space below. Write your names and sign above it like in the sample form in above link. Generally if you goto an indian notary they'll know.
    Last edited by ceci1073; 09-30-2020, 09:16 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Thanks Cramn. Did CKGS accepted the application and everything good?

Comment

Application seems to be ok. I missed one document (marriage certificate) so they sent an email asking it to be sent in 7 working days.

Comment

Thanks Cramn

Comment

Hi,
            I have similar question, on page 3 where the applicant has to sign at 2 places, my son who is just over 5 did write his name (no thumb impression for over 5) at these both the locations, but does parents still need to sign on this page somewhere at the blank place and get it notarized(I mean page 3)?

thanks

Comment

har_rai i think for all minor applicants the parents need to sign page 3 and notarized.

Comment

So, no thumb impression of the child required in the application? Also, Affidavit in Lieu of Original needs to have thumb impression of the kid too?

Comment

thanks cramn

Comment

Originally posted by Sridharan View Post
                    So, no thumb impression of the child required in the application? Also, Affidavit in Lieu of Original needs to have thumb impression of the kid too?
                    Where did you find the Affidavit in Lieu of Original? I am not able to find it in the account page of CKGS or on Indian Embassy website. The link (https://www.indianembassyusa.gov.in/pages?id=3&subid=14) shown in CKGS Myaccount to download documents like this affidavit takes to the page / which is sometimes 404 or chrome warns it as an unsecured website.

Also, as per the checklist, Affidavit in Lieu of Original is only for OCI Misc. and OCI in Lieu of PIO 'Duly Notarized Affidavit in Lieu of Originals. (OCI Misc. and OCI in Lieu of PIO Only)'. So, safe to assume this is not required for New OCI?

Update: emailed CKGS and the response is - We would like to inform you that, the Affidavit in Lieu of Originals is not required for new OCI application.

BTW, CKGS contact numbers are being reported as not in service. Worst instructions and service I have seen in recent times.
                    Last edited by chowdarygm; 08-27-2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I am applying new oci for my minor. I have confusion in submitting birth certificate copy. Do we need to apostles birth certificate. Both parents are Indian citizens and born.

Comment

Hi cramn,

Can you post a screenshot of the pdf. I am unable to view the attachment.

I am not sure who needs to sign where on page 3 of the OCI application form.
                        Thanks in advance.

-Siva

Comment

Have you submitted the OCI application to CKGS? Was it accepted? Can you please let me know where/who has to sign on page 3 of the OCI application form.
                          Thanks!

Comment

I do not have a screenshot but you can use the empty space at bottom of page3 to write both parents name/relationship and sign before the notary. I know this is confusing as hell as they could've just fixed the application itself. For me the notary helped me as he was well verse with OCI applications.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X