OCI Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Documents

Do we need to send the Original US passport to CKGS initially with all the other documents, heard somewhere that once OCI is approved CKGS will notify us to send the US passport then we have send, want to sure which is correct, any helpful insights is much appreciated.

Yes it is mandatory to send original US passport to CKGS. They will send it back to you once consulate okay's the application. Should take a week or two to get back the passport.

Comment

Originally posted by kssksaril View Post
      Do we need to send the Original US passport to CKGS initially with all the other documents, heard somewhere that once OCI is approved CKGS will notify us to send the US passport then we have send, want to sure which is correct, any helpful insights is much appreciated.
      The process you are referring to was the old one.
      In the new process, you send your original passport along with the filled in OCI application.
      Consulate verifies passport against the application and then returns it to you (usually 1-3 weeks)
      Upon verification, consulate approves the processing of the OCI which then gets completed in India (MEA)
      Indian authorities then print and send the OCI booklet to the US, which CKGS returns to you
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Is this also applicable to minors who are applying for OCI because they got new passport, as in this case minor already has OCi with his old passport, so does he still need to send new original passport to get new OCI or copy of the new passport is sufficient?
        thanks

Comment

For the OCI renewal case, do we need to send in the original OCI card as well along with original passport?
          thanks

Comment

Hello,
            Did anyone send a copy of naturalization certificate? I got an email saying the naturalization certificate is missing from my application. I have no idea why and I am 100% sure I have put it in the application. To be safe, I even notarized the copy.
            Any tips?
            Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X