OCI renwal with VFS in Atlanta ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI renwal with VFS in Atlanta ?

Any idea if the VFS center is open and has it started accepting applications for OCI renewal in Atlanta ?

I am also looking for the same info. Did they updated any defined process in their site. I couldn’t find it

Comment

I am also in the same boat and trying to apply Renunciation certificate and then OCI Card and I am a little confused on some points from the checklist document like uploading digital signature and digital photo, where to do it? it says do it on VFS

You need to follow the below steps to complete the mail-in application submission process.
      1. Create profile and register on VFS portal system and click on “Send application by post system & complete the subsequent steps:
      2. Choose the correct state of Residence as per the Consular Jurisdiction and correct passport category as per your purpose of visit.
      3. Choose Mode of Submission as Postal. Note: Indian Consular Application Centre are not accepting application in person due to COVID -19.
      After registering the profile, I don't see anything related to

"Send application by post system"

Don't know what to do

Comment

This is where i registered but after activating, it is not letting me to login. not sure what is going on.

Comment

If you are looking for OCI renewal, then indian embassy has extended the time till Jun 30,2021

Comment

Hi

I am in the similar boat. I would appreciate any help that you can provide. I am currently applying for renunciation.

It details the steps but i am not clear on certain things.

1. I was able to create an online application for surrendering the passport. I was provided with an ARN number as well
            2. The check list states that i have to upload the digital image of my photo and digital signature but not sure where to go about doing it.
            3. For payment and creating shipping labels, there is a link provided to fill questionnaire and create account. There 3 options i see. one for OCI, Global entry and passport.
            a) Selecting passport looks like for newrenewal indian passports, not for renunciation
            b) Selecting OCI, takes me to apply for new OCI .. do i continue with this process
            4) There is something called Govt Reference number in that OCI form.. what is that number ?

can one of you please provide with some insight on how to go about this ? I have to travel to india by Dec and want to get atleast renunciation part done so i can apply for emergency visa.

Thanks

Comment

I completed the application process for oci renewal in the govt of india website.
              Then I created the login pwd in the VFS website.
              But I am not able to complete the submission or the payment process in VFS.
              I am trying to do "add customer" but it is not recognizing the OCI reference number that I got from submitting the form in the govt of india website.
              Has anyone faced this issue.
              Please help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X