Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get ARN/ file reference number for renunciation of Indian citizenship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get ARN/ file reference number for renunciation of Indian citizenship?

I was able to create an account and log in to account. Where to get the ARN number or file reference number? I checked my email, couldn't find it there. Is there a specific place in the profile where it is listed? Please help!

Its on the government application form that you filled out online. It starts with a 20- YYYY ZZZ

Comment

ARN is application ref. number. It is on the "Consulate General of India" (CGI) form that you filled to surrender your passport. This form is filled via the India govt website , not VFS.

Comment

Can you please share the link where this can be done?

Comment

Originally posted by renunciationispainful View Post
          Can you please share the link where this can be done?

Comment

renunciationispainful - Did you follow step by step instructions given here? They are clear for most part on how to complete the renunciation application - https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/in...r-renunciation

Comment

The thing is when I try to complete the online application to renounce my Indian PP, it asks for the ARN which is supposed to be on the Government Application form (to be filled separately). But that form is a PDF with blanks - there's no number on there. Any suggestions?

Can I renounce both Indian Citizenship and PP at the same time, or does citizenship need to be renounced before?

Comment

Originally posted by MahitaR View Post
                The thing is when I try to complete the online application to renounce my Indian PP, it asks for the ARN which is supposed to be on the Government Application form (to be filled separately). But that form is a PDF with blanks - there's no number on there. Any suggestions?

Can I renounce both Indian Citizenship and PP at the same time, or does citizenship need to be renounced before?
                When you file the form on the govt website it will auto generate the ARN. You fill that number in VFS site.

Comment

Originally posted by kpm_blr View Post

When you file the form on the govt website it will auto generate the ARN. You fill that number in VFS site.
                  Which form on which government site? Can you please share the link? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MahitaR View Post

Which form on which government site? Can you please share the link? Thank you.

Register and look for renunciation form . Fill and print it.

Last edited by kpm_blr; 08-23-2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I am also confused by the ARN number requirement.
                      It looks like 2 step process.
                      1) Register and fill out renunciation form (TO GET ARN number).
                      Once I register and login I get this screen but can't find where to fill out renunciation form...
                      https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.htmlIf
                      If I click on surrender of Indian passport link it asks for Indian passport number (which I don't have to start with).
                      So where is the renunciation for on this site?
                      Link would be helpful...

2) Go to VFS Global site to create another application (which requires above ARN number).

Thank you

Comment

Thank-you for all the contributors here. I was struggling for a while to find this ARN #. So first to say thank-you kpm_blr and Robert.

So as it stated it is two steps process.

First go here and resister yourself.

Please select the region/country from where you wish to apply for Passport/Miscellaneous Services >> Pick Americas (I am based in North America)

Then select USA

Once are you there, Click on Register, Register to apply passport sevices.

Fill all the required details. You might want to activate after submit.

Relogin with the newly created credentials.

After login you will reach here.
                        • Apply for Ordinary Passport - Application for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport (Blue cover passport)
                        • Apply for Police Clearance Certificate - Application for Police Clearance Certificate
                        • Apply for Emergency Certificate - Application for Emergency Certificate (White cover passport for one-way travel to India in case of non-availability of a valid Passport)
                        • Apply for Diplomatic/Official Passport - Application for Diplomatic/Official Passport (Maroon/Grey cover passport)
                        • Apply for Surrender of Indian Passport- Application for Passport Surrender Certificate After Acquiring Foreign Nationality/Renunciation of Indian Citizenship
                        • Apply for Identity Certificate - Application for Identity Certificate
                        • Apply for Background Verification for GEP- Application for Background Verification for GEP

Select Apply for Surreder Of Indian Passport and start filling.

It was a confusion for a while when i started. Finally with few folks here and I completed and got my ARN. You will get your ARN after submitting your application at the end.

Hope this helps.
                        Last edited by ceci1073; 10-19-2021, 01:29 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

I want to respond to leojames7 or anyone who can help. I renounced by Indian Passport and it was cancelled prior to 2010. I do not have an ARN number or any forms. Do I still file for surrender of Indian Passport even if the Houston Consulate office has stamped it as canceled? Really struggling as I need to apply for OCI card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X