Clear All

• OCI Update

Below is Update of my OCI status:
    12/14/2020 - Mailed via FedEx
    12/16-2020 - Delivered to VFS
    12/23/2020 - sent to consulate
    01/21/2021 - OCI printed

It took little over a month to print.

My mom's OCI is also printed even though I sent her application one day later.

Congratulations! Long wait finally coming to an end!

Comment

I have also sent the application around same time. 2 days back I got a mail from VFS to pay $15 for courier service via online. I paid and within 1 hour I received a mail from Fedex stating that label is created and estimated delivery date will be updated as soon as package is received by Fedex.. But still i am waiting.

Status remains the same "Application has reached the embassy"

Comment

Originally posted by vivekgovind View Post
        I have also sent the application around same time. 2 days back I got a mail from VFS to pay $15 for courier service via online. I paid and within 1 hour I received a mail from Fedex stating that label is created and estimated delivery date will be updated as soon as package is received by Fedex.. But still i am waiting.

Status remains the same "Application has reached the embassy"
        Has your card been printed? Usually people receive it under 1 week after it's been printed but due to VFS office being closed for couple weeks, there are delays.

Comment

I don't know. How do I check that ?

Comment

I don't know. How do I check that ?

Click status enquiry.

Comment

Thanks for the link..

Date of acknowledgement : Dec 15 2020
              Document Printing status : PROCESSED -------- ON ------------- Jan 6 2021
              Dispatched From MEA (OCI) : NEW DELHI ------ ON ------------- Jan 6 2021
              Document received at : WASHINGTON DC ------- ON ------------- Jan 6 2021

This is my current status.. Does this mean my OCI is printed and currently in Washington DC ?

Comment

Finally.. my sons oci is shipped.. hopefully it will be reached tomo

Comment

Finally.. my sons oci is shipped.. hopefully it will be reached tomo

could you please share your timeline there.

Comment

My OCI printed on Jan 28 - Just over a month from application sent date (Sent application on 12/21).

Comment

This is what it shows to me as of today! So what happens now? Do I have to follow up with VFS to make sure they send it as soon as possible?

Find it strange that it was processed, dispatched and received in Chicago the same day.

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 29-JAN2021
                      Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 29-JAN2021
                      Document received At CHICAGO On 29-JAN2021

Comment

Mostly, the system is not accurate - I mean an Indian government agency is not so advanced to do all that on a single day. Even shipping will take 2-3 days fastest (I don't know if any cargo/courier services do international same day). It mostly means that the OCI card was printed earlier but processed and put into system on that date.

Originally posted by sinnerman26 View Post
                        This is what it shows to me as of today! So what happens now? Do I have to follow up with VFS to make sure they send it as soon as possible?

Find it strange that it was processed, dispatched and received in Chicago the same day.

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 29-JAN2021
                        Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 29-JAN2021
                        Document received At CHICAGO On 29-JAN2021

Comment

I got my OCI card from VFS today! Glad that finally the ordeal is over. Consulate dispatched to VFS on 02/01/2021, VFS dispatched it the same day overnight using the fedex label that was paid for. Pleasantly surprised by the smooth order of operation by both VFS and Government.

I'd like to thank the members (special shoutout to Donald_Trump Jot18 @kiranboda) here who have been active and sharing their experience and providing tips! This is a great community and makes dealing with this mess a lot easier.

Comment

Great and you are welcome. My OCI was also dispatched today so expecting it by tomorrow. Even for me, VFS process was without issues for both renunciation and OCI after going through the pain of understanding their at times confusing instructions, online system and completing the application. Indian consular application is very efficient from my experience so far from many applications(Since their only job is to make the decision of approving or denying and printing the docs). All the other dirty work is done by VFS right now.

Originally posted by sinnerman26 View Post
                            I got my OCI card from VFS today! Glad that finally the ordeal is over. Consulate dispatched to VFS on 02/01/2021, VFS dispatched it the same day overnight using the fedex label that was paid for. Pleasantly surprised by the smooth order of operation by both VFS and Government.

I'd like to thank the members (special shoutout to Donald_Trump Jot18 @kiranboda) here who have been active and sharing their experience and providing tips! This is a great community and makes dealing with this mess a lot easier.

Comment

Donald_Trump & sinnerman26 Did you get tracking number from fedex delivery manager? Because I got the email y'day that it'll be dispatched in 24-48 hours but haven't got any tracking number on delivery manager.
                              ​​​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X