OCI Renewal for Minor - Notary Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Renewal for Minor - Notary Question

Trying to apply for the OCI renewal due to the issuance of new US passport for my 5 yr old son. Per the CKGS checklist, a notarized parental authorization for minors is required to be uploaded to the OCI site. The checklist also requires the online generated OCI form to be notarized for the minors; however, the OCI form is only generated after once all the mandatory docs (incl the parental auth. form) are uploaded to the OCI site. This requires applicants to make 2 visits to the notary - one for parental auth. form and other for the completed OCI form. This is an utterly stupid process, wondering if anyone has had a similar experience while renewing their OCIs. Tempting to submit my application w/o the parental auth. form with a hope that I am able to upload it after once the OCI form is generated but then the stupid OCI form has a field for documents submitted, which obviously would not list the parental auth form as submitted/uploaded along with the application hence, risking the application being rejected.

Thank you!

CKGS is no longer used for OCI. now its VFS global.

Comment

Hello...no need of visit twice for notary...you can take the printout of application even before uploading the documents...

Go to "https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome" and click "Re-print Submitted Applications" at the bottom and take the printout of application and get the notary along with other forms...

Comment

patels - Thank you for your response - I misstated earlier - the checklist I have is actually from VFS global site. My question still remains though, seems like change in contractor hasn't made the overall OCI process a little less painful...

Comment

Originally posted by rips4u View Post
          Trying to apply for the OCI renewal due to the issuance of new US passport for my 5 yr old son. Per the CKGS checklist, a notarized parental authorization for minors is required to be uploaded to the OCI site. The checklist also requires the online generated OCI form to be notarized for the minors; however, the OCI form is only generated after once all the mandatory docs (incl the parental auth. form) are uploaded to the OCI site. This requires applicants to make 2 visits to the notary - one for parental auth. form and other for the completed OCI form. This is an utterly stupid process, wondering if anyone has had a similar experience while renewing their OCIs. Tempting to submit my application w/o the parental auth. form with a hope that I am able to upload it after once the OCI form is generated but then the stupid OCI form has a field for documents submitted, which obviously would not list the parental auth form as submitted/uploaded along with the application hence, risking the application being rejected.

Thank you!
          Yes . I applied recently for a minor and need to make two trips to Notary before mailing the application .I learnt after that the site has the flexibility to upload the docs even after we generate the application with bar code ,so technically we can upload the non notarized form to generate the application and make one trip to notary to get the notary all the apps and just re upload the notarized document . All the best

Comment

Originally posted by thil View Post

Yes . I applied recently for a minor and need to make two trips to Notary before mailing the application .I learnt after that the site has the flexibility to upload the docs even after we generate the application with bar code ,so technically we can upload the non notarized form to generate the application and make one trip to notary to get the notary all the apps and just re upload the notarized document . All the best
            Thank you for the response. I think I will upload an non-notarized form to generate the application and get all the docs notarized at once.

One more question as I try to navigate through this cumbersome process - the document link for the document list page says that the handwritten forms will not be accepted; however, there is no way to electronically fill the parental auth form and the affidavit in lieu of originals form. I assume it is okay to hand filled these forms?

Comment

You can hand write the Parental Auth form and the Affidavit . I used an online PDF form filler to fill electronically and took a print out .The only hand written part was the signatures for us which we did in front of the Notary
              Last edited by thil; 02-17-2021, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thil View Post
                You can hand write the Parental Auth form and the Affidavit . I used an online PDF form filler to fill electronically and took a print out .The only hand written part was the signatures for us which we did in front of the Notary
                Thank you again!

Comment

Where can i find the link for this form - affidavit in lieu of originals form?

Comment

Here is the link for Parental Authorization form https://www.immihelp.com/india/paren...orm-minors.pdf

And checklist of documents https://www.immihelp.com/oci-card-ap...uments-in-usa/
                    Immihelp Support
                    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi,
                      The OCI document checklist link that you have provided above includes another link : https://www.immihelp.com/india/oci-m...-checklist.pdf for OCI misc services for minor, - Can you please confirm this is correct as the page 4 of this pdf -link has page called "Important Notes" which seems to be something new and I am not sure what they are asking about photographs.
                      It states the following

Important Notes
                      ❖ Please Note: Applicants are required to submit total 2 photographs
                      ❖ Affix 1 photograph on EACH of the following documents:
                      ❖ Online Passport Application Form
                      ❖ 1 copy of the document checklist must be enclosed in your envelope

Which form we are to affix the photograph - my initial understanding was the uploaded photo image would show up on the online application which we need to print, notarize and send to VFS along with other supporting documents and two copies of photos..

Comment

Originally posted by rips4u View Post
                        Trying to apply for the OCI renewal due to the issuance of a new US passport for my 5-year-old son. Per the CKGS checklist, a notarized parental authorization for minors is required to be uploaded to the OCI site. The checklist also requires the online generated OCI form to be notarized for the minors; however, the OCI form is only generated after once all the mandatory docs (including the parental auth. form) are uploaded to the OCI site. This requires applicants to make 2 visits to the notary near me- one for parental auth. form and others for the completed OCI form. This is an utterly stupid process, wondering if anyone has had a similar experience while renewing their OCIs. Tempting to submit my application w/o the parental auth. form with the hope that I can upload it after once the OCI form is generated but then the stupid OCI form has a field for documents submitted, which obviously would not list the parental auth form as submitted/uploaded along with the application hence, risking the application being rejected.

Thank you!
                        the necessity for two visits to the notary does seem inconvenient and inefficient. While it might be tempting to apply without the parental authorization form, doing so could risk rejection due to missing documents, as you rightly pointed out. It's recommended to adhere to the checklist requirements to avoid any complications with your application. However, if you're still unsure, reaching out to the OCI support team or the agency handling the application process for clarification or alternative options could be beneficial. Ultimately, ensuring all required documents are in order will help streamline the renewal process and minimize any potential delays.

Comment

Check and follow the latest instructions. You don't have to notarize all copies.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X