OCI Clarification & Surrender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Clarification & Surrender

1. I am holder of an American Passport and OCI passport. Do I need visitor visa to visit India on my American passport?. OCI passport mentions: Grant of multiple entry, multi-purpose life long visa to visit India. I have heard that the Immigration Office in Mumbai do not consider OCI as visa and require an official visa from the Consulate here in the USA. My American passport has an entry of OCI information.

2. Regarding the "surrender certificate", I don't have an old Indian passport or a copy to get a surrender certificate. If I get a police report and/or a notarized affidavit, will the Consulate in Chicago issue the
    certificate in a day, if I personally go to the Consulate?.

3. I plan to visit India very shortly, if I don't get the certificate in time,will I encounter any difficulty with the immigration officer as they know this new requirements and may ask me to show the surrender
    certificate?

I will appreciate your prompt response to these questions. I found your site is very detailed and very helpful.

Regards.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

1. When you apply for OCI, they automatically paste U visa in your passport.
    That's all you need. You don't need additional visa.

OCI booklet can not be used in place of U visa.

2. Read
    /indian-citizenship-renunciation-certificate/

No.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X