Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Minor OCI, Have to go to notary twice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Minor OCI, Have to go to notary twice?

Applying OCI for minors. In the document uploads on Govt site, I see that parental authorization form has to be uploaded. This form needs to be notarized. So I will need to go to notary once to get parental authorization notarized. Upload the notarized auth form on govt site. Once all documents have been uploaded, do a final submit at which point I will get both part A & B application form and then go to notary again to get Part B notarized.

Is this how everyone else is doing or everything can be done in 1 notary visit? Also, do notaries at Chase bank, BOFA notarize OCI forms? As these are not in standard formats which notaries usually prefer to notarize. Where do others usually go for notary (free ones).

Advise on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Donald_Trump View Post
    Applying OCI for minors. In the document uploads on Govt site, I see that parental authorization form has to be uploaded. This form needs to be notarized. So I will need to go to notary once to get parental authorization notarized. Upload the notarized auth form on govt site. Once all documents have been uploaded, do a final submit at which point I will get both part A & B application form and then go to notary again to get Part B notarized.

Is this how everyone else is doing or everything can be done in 1 notary visit? Also, do notaries at Chase bank, BOFA notarize OCI forms? As these are not in standard formats which notaries usually prefer to notarize. Where do others usually go for notary (free ones).

Advise on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    You can make it in one Trip. I learnt that in hard way but here is my suggestion i posted in another thread .

I applied recently for a minor and need to make two trips to Notary before mailing the application .I learnt after that the site has the flexibility to upload the docs even after we generate the application with bar code ,so technically we can upload the non notarized form to generate the application and make one trip to notary to get the notary all the apps and just re upload the notarized document . All the best

Comment

thanks thil

Comment

Hi there

Can you please let me know how you were able to generate the online application with bar code without the final submit ? When I upload the documents the only option I see is "Final Submit" and without clicking that option I do not see any print action. I am just trying to avoid going and getting the notary done twice for my minor's OCI renewal.

Comment

AVM28 Upload all documents and dont hit final submit and close that session. Open a new tab and go to OCI website and click on "reprint completed application". If this doesn't work, go to OCI website and then go to "Partially filled application" and follow the prompts and you will eventually get options to generate application form. I don't exactly remember which of this options works. But I was able to do it.

Originally posted by AVM28 View Post
          Hi there

Can you please let me know how you were able to generate the online application with bar code without the final submit ? When I upload the documents the only option I see is "Final Submit" and without clicking that option I do not see any print action. I am just trying to avoid going and getting the notary done twice for my minor's OCI renewal.

Comment

Donald_Trump thank you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Donald_Trump;n757310]thanks thil I’m just about to start the process for my kid. Thanks so much.

Comment

kgvenkatesh PM'ed you.

Comment

Donald_Trump can you please share OCI renewal instructions Really appreciate your response.

Comment

Important news - https://indianexpress.com/article/in...-at-age-of-20/

OCI cardholders now required to get document re-issued only once at age of 20

Welcome news

Last edited by sholay; 04-15-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Great news. I hope the process too gets implemented soon.

Comment

[QUOTE=Donald_Trump;n757310]thanks thil

Thanks..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X