Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Card application for minor SFO

Hi,

I am applying for OCI Card for my son. I am going through the checklist and it is very confusing specially for notary.

I am in California and here they don't provide notary stamp on same document. I have already done notary to parent authorization form (me and my spouse) and UPS provided separate page with all notary detail.

Can someone please help me with below?
    1. VFS asking to do notary to US passport of the applicant. Should I bring my son for notary? If I go to notary and give my sign is that fine?
    2. In VFS checklist for Proof of address - "In case of applicant residing with parents/children/ relatives, a notarized undertaking from them with one of the copies of address proof as indicated above." Where can I get this undertaking form?
    3. Are there any other documents needs to be notarized other than Parent authorization form, application form, US passport and undertaking form?
    I will really appreciate any help.

Regards,
    Raj

1. VFS asking to do notary to US passport of the applicant. Should I bring my son for notary? If I go to notary and give my sign is that fine?

>>> I didn't have to take kid for get notarized. Do take the original kid's passport

2. In VFS checklist for Proof of address - "In case of applicant residing with parents/children/ relatives, a notarized undertaking from them with one of the copies of address proof as indicated above." Where can I get this undertaking form?

>>> We applied at SFO.. Its still with VFS. They have not yet complained :-)
    We provided kids birth certificate, attached DL of parents (none of them notarized)

3. Are there any other documents needs to be notarized other than Parent authorization form, application form, US passport and undertaking form?

>>> We did not submit any undertaking form.. Do make sure the Parent authorization form has "OCI" on it.. Make sure date is India format.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by sln View Post

>>> I didn't have to take kid for get notarized. Do take the original kid's passport

>>> We applied at SFO.. Its still with VFS. They have not yet complained :-)
      We provided kids birth certificate, attached DL of parents (none of them notarized)

>>> We did not submit any undertaking form.. Do make sure the Parent authorization form has "OCI" on it.. Make sure date is India format.

HTH
      thanks sln that was really helpful for each points.

Comment

meant to say kid's original passport and not original kid's passport (it does make a big difference ????)

We applied to SFO VFS on 3/12. Will update here if we hear from VFS

Comment

meant to say kid's original passport and not original kid's passport (it does make a big difference ????)

We applied to SFO VFS on 3/12. Will update here if we hear from VFS
          thanks you sln . Can you please help me for below,
          1. Do parent has to sign every document (self attest) in case of minor?
          2. Do minor has to thumb print every document for self attest?
          3. Do we have to notarize address proof (electricity bill) ?

Regards,
          Raj

Comment

1. No, parents has to sign where ever Kid signs (authorization form, application form)
            2. No.. My Kid could sign
            3. No you don't have to notarize address proof. As I said b4, we send his BC, and our DL for Address proof.

disclaimer: Its still with VFS SFO with no feedback. Not sure what they may complain

Comment

• Do parent has to sign every document (self attest) in case of minor?
                • No need to sign
              • Do minor has to thumb print every document for self attest?
                • No need to
              • Do we have to notarize address proof (electricity bill) ?
                • No need to
              Recently I sent my daughter's application. Right now it is at consulate. I didn't do any which you mentioned.

Comment

Hi,

I got auto reply from VFS today asking to resubmit the latest current photo. I had provided photo that I used for passport and they are saying they need latest photo within 6 months. Passport was 8-10 months old. Now my question is, do I have to submit online application again? or I can use same application just with new photo?

Comment

1. No, parents has to sign where ever Kid signs (authorization form, application form)
                  2. No.. My Kid could sign
                  3. No you don't have to notarize address proof. As I said b4, we send his BC, and our DL for Address proof.

disclaimer: Its still with VFS SFO with no feedback. Not sure what they may complain
                  sln So everything went well with you regarding the address proof?

Comment

HI ALl,

I submitted to Atlanta embassy for a new OCI for minor. I received following:

We have "Received" your Application however we are unable to proceed with the application due to the following reasons:
                    1. Additional documents : Undertaking letter is required from applicant. Please download and print format from documents checklist, sign and send.
                    2. Duly Notarized Affidavit in Lieu of Originals. : required
                    ​I have following queries:
                    I found both documents online no issues,

ONE - AFFIDAVIT IN LIEU OF ORIGINALS (I'll notarize this, no issue)---> Who needs to sign? Only one of parent signature sufficient?
                    I submitted xerox of (Minor US Passport, Minor-US Birth Certificate, Parents Passport, Parents Legal status which is H1B Visa, DL-address proof, Marriage Certificate, )
                    Also, what all documents need to enlist in this documents? The template is following:

AFFIDAVIT IN LIEU OF ORIGINALS I , solemnly swear that the enclosed documents are true copies of original support documents submitted along with OCI application:
                    a)
                    b)
                    and so on
                    Do I need to list all of the xerox Or? any specific?

TWO - Second query is Undertaking letter is required from applicant. It is simple document with many points and in the end
                    With reference to my OCI application file reference number …………………………, I undertake as under:
                    1)
                    2)
                    etc
                    (Signature of the OCI applicant) Name: Date:

who needs to sign? DOes thumb impression of minor required Or?

Has anyone faced any such situation, Can somone guide. Thanks, in advance!

Comment

getamit2006: May I please know if you have got answers for both of your queries and succeeded with OCI application? If so, could you please through some lights to me as well?

Comment

getamit2006 I dropped my OCI documents at Atlanta for my minor child last week and got the same response as well. Did you get answers for the questions you posted? Thanks in advance

Comment

karthik4287, sekarp04, getamit2006 I'm going through the application process right now and have the same question on these two documents? Could you please advise? Thank you!

Comment

In California, Notaries can not notarize photocopies of original documents. For Indian Embassy things, you yourself can certify that document is exact copy of original, & sign that IN FRONT of Notary & Notary can certify that you signed it. Its called JURAT.

Make some space underneath document page (use legal page, or move photocopy up, but dont resize, or simply use second page)
                            Then type or write this line (type/print better)
                            TRUE COPY AFFIDAVIT
                            I, YOUR FULL NAME, do hereby swear or affirm that above is a true, exact, complete & unaltered copy of _DOCUMENT NAME_ in my possession and this copy contains no alterations from the original.
                            Signature of Custodian of Original Document ______________________ Date _________
                            YOUR NAME, CITY, STATE.

Now either print the attached image after above text, or print on next page:
                            NOTARY JURAT

Comment

Thanks for sharing this info davchana. This applies to other states too. Some notaries don't notarize photocopies. Some have a stamp (the one you ink with a stamp pad) statement similar to the one davchana posted and ask you to sign it, and they notarize that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X