OCI SFO - Last name issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI SFO - Last name issue

My wife changed her last name during naturalization and we don't have any proper certificate (other than Naturalization certificate with new name) from County.

Initially we got an email asking "CONSENT TO RESTORE DETAILS AS IN INDIAN PASSPORT DETAILS "

We provided the consent and there was no response for 10 days.

Now when I check the status, I see:

Pending document/Rejection details:
    Additional documents Remarks 4/6/21: Submit missing document by mail
    Name change documentation 4/6/21: Your name (applicant) on OCI application form does not exactly match with your previous Indian passport. Submit Notarized Statement/Affidavit to explain the difference or change of names. AND Submit copy of court orders for name change if any

I did not get any email notification on this.

What kind of document should we submit for name change?

Thanks

Originally posted by sln View Post
    My wife changed her last name during naturalization and we don't have any proper certificate (other than Naturalization certificate with new name) from County.

Initially we got an email asking "CONSENT TO RESTORE DETAILS AS IN INDIAN PASSPORT DETAILS "

We provided the consent and there was no response for 10 days.

Now when I check the status, I see:

Pending document/Rejection details:
    Additional documents Remarks 4/6/21: Submit missing document by mail
    Name change documentation 4/6/21: Your name (applicant) on OCI application form does not exactly match with your previous Indian passport. Submit Notarized Statement/Affidavit to explain the difference or change of names. AND Submit copy of court orders for name change if any

I did not get any email notification on this.

What kind of document should we submit for name change?

Thanks
    Google one and same person affidavit and send that notarized. Also state the reasoning behind name change.

Comment

Thanks.. Were you in the same situation and did the "one and same person" letter worked?

Comment

Originally posted by sln View Post
        Thanks.. Were you in the same situation and did the "one and same person" letter worked?
        Yes my dad had different last names on our Indian Passport and on our current application. We wrote a letter regarding the difference and sent it notarized.

Comment

sln - same here. I thought of submitting a random notarized template/letter but now, I want to know exactly what works for this, too. it's frustrating because they won't say which doc they want while you fill out the application

Comment

sin check this out -name-change-affidavit.pdf (vfsglobal.com) . I will be using this and getting it attested by a local notary.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X