New OCI based on 'born in India' - is marriage certificate needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OCI based on 'born in India' - is marriage certificate needed

Govt. of India website isn't asking for my marriage certificate unless I am applying based on my Wife's Indian origins. But the VFS document checklist asks for marriage certificate.

I don't have an issue sending a copy of my marriage certificate but it has my wife's last name at birth which doesn't match with her current last name. Is that okay or will I have an issue?
    My Indian passport doesn't have my wife's name but her Indian passport has her current last name and also my name as spouse - can I send this instead or should I send the marriage certificate as well as my wife's Indian passport copy.

Please suggest. Appreciated.

You would need to send a copy of marriage certificate to prove ties for Indian origin. It is one of the mandatory documents.

You should be fine, just send copies of both including marriage certificate and her Indian passport.

Comment

Originally posted by kiranboda View Post
      You would need to send a copy of marriage certificate to prove ties for Indian origin. It is one of the mandatory documents.

You should be fine, just send copies of both including marriage certificate and her Indian passport.
      Thanks Kiran - I have an Indian passport which I will be using to prove my Indian origin hence the question of why the marriage certificate. I have heard bad experiences with CKGS, not sure if it's the same with VFS and want to get this right. I have reached out to VFS also and will post here what I get.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X