OCI in lieu of Valid PIO-Unable to proceed further

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI in lieu of Valid PIO-Unable to proceed further

Hi, I am applying OCI in lieu of valid PIO. However I am getting stuck in a very peculiar situation. In the Applicants information, moment I choose Date of Birth as Adult, the Marital Status box shows up as mandatory. Once I select Married, then the entire Spouse information is required(like PP number etc). If I enter all the information for my spouse, then the form shows that this is being applied on the basis of Spouse which is not correct. I don't see any checkbox for deselecting this option(as per instructions). I tried Google Chrome and Firefox but cannot proceed further at all.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by mohanlal2000; 07-25-2021, 02:26 PM.

Anyone applied for OCI in lieu of valid PIO card please guide?

Comment

I applied for OCI in-lieu of PIO for my kids - but that was a while back (in 2016). At that time CKGS handled everything pretty nice and I got the OCIs in less than two weeks.

They changed the website recently, so lot of things are not working properly. Try selecting 'SINGLE' instead of married and see what happens? Does it select correct category then?

Comment

Kids will be fine since it does not ask for Married Status. If I select Unmarried, then it is fine(since I do not have to enter the Spouse information). However, i am not sure I should be doing this though.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X