Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please

When I was filling out my wife's passport renewal application. I put Indian address ( didnt carefully followed the direction) and the police called the cousin for verification and asked for PAN Card, Adhar Card, Driver Licese. My wife doesn't even live in India and been in US since she was 8 year old.

We called Indian Consulate and the representative didn't even help. We explain to here the issue and she said this is a new process and you have to follow that and you have to contact the police department.

does anyone have any suggestion how to resolve this issue?

If your wife has Aadhar card, provide a copy. If not, provide any other proof of that address (PAN, Indian Driver License, Voter Card etc) to the police. Then make the guy 'happy' so that he will send the verification completed report.

When I renewed my passport in Chicago, even though I gave all US details they still sent a constable to my address in India for verification. My aunt who answered the door told him that I live in US, and that guy recorded "applicant doesn't live at address" on his report. As usual, Chicago consulate said they cannot do anything about it and I need to sort it out myself. It took my father two months and several trips to the regional passport office with several types of address proofs & affidavits to finally get that sorted out and have my passport issued.

Indian bureaucracy - it won't leave you even after you are dead.

Comment

Hi Arkaa,

We got in touch with the police officer in India and explain him the situation and provided all the proof he needed to complete the report. I was really surprised he was willing to work with us to finish the police verification process.

lets see what happens next.

Comment

Originally posted by DTheMan View Post
        Hi Arkaa,

We got in touch with the police officer in India and explain him the situation and provided all the proof he needed to complete the report. I was really surprised he was willing to work with us to finish the police verification process.

lets see what happens next.
        Lol why won't they be willing to work? What state you're from? Don't go by stereotypes of Indian cops.

Comment

You never know I read a lot of horror stories on forms about bribery to get PV cleared. This police officer went above and beyond our expectations. We are in US and there is no way we would be able to provide police officer pan card, adhar card and Indian driving license since we don't live there and don't have documents they are requesting. Explained the situation to the Embassy and Consulate and they didn't want to offer any help. Basically they told us they can't do anything I have to contact the police station. Anyway hopefully the PV is cleared ( still waiting for the email).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X