Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OCI for Minor - Notarized undertaking for address proof

Hi,

As a parent of a US-born child, what address proof I can include with my application packet? Will my utility bill or driver's license of mine will be okay? These proofs will not have the name of our child. So, do I need to get a notary? If yes, is there a template for this "notarized undertaking" like we have for Parental Authorization?

Also, how can we get a self-attested passport of our child? Do we need to get the fingerprint on the back of the passport copy? Or. self-attestation is only for the parents' passport copies?

Please assist.

Thanks,
    Ram

For address proof we used a utility bill and did not get it notarized. Both my husband and I self-attested all documents for our son's OCI. I don't know if both of our signatures were required but better safe than sorry. Our son is a toddler so we signed his passport copy as well as our own. We only needed his fingerprint twice. Once to upload to the OCI website and once on the declaration page of the application.

Comment

Originally posted by crescendoll View Post
      For address proof we used a utility bill and did not get it notarized. Both my husband and I self-attested all documents for our son's OCI. I don't know if both of our signatures were required but better safe than sorry. Our son is a toddler so we signed his passport copy as well as our own. We only needed his fingerprint twice. Once to upload to the OCI website and once on the declaration page of the application.
      Thanks for the response. Did your OCI application go through?
      Have you sent any original documents (or passport of your son)? Also, did you include (affix) two passport photos of your son with the application? Can I use a paper clip to include the photos and all the documents while sending?

Comment

Originally posted by RamVs View Post

Thanks for the response. Did your OCI application go through?
        Have you sent any original documents (or passport of your son)? Also, did you include (affix) two passport photos of your son with the application? Can I use a paper clip to include the photos and all the documents while sending?

We received his OCI a few days ago. Took ~30 days. We did not send any original documents. I attached the 2 pics to the application with a paperclip and there were no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by crescendoll View Post

We received his OCI a few days ago. Took ~30 days. We did not send any original documents. I attached the 2 pics to the application with a paperclip and there were no issues.
          Congratulations. One other question: How much fee you have paid for the new OCI application? I see a total of $293.90 on the VFS Global site: https://www.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/...x.html#new-oci. Is this valid as of today, October 15, 2021?
          Also, have you included any return labels and envelopes inside the application packet while sending?

Comment

Our total came to $335 because we used FedEx. Since we used FedEx we didn't have to include any return labels or envelopes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X