Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VFS NY presumably loses my newly issued OCI!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFS NY presumably loses my newly issued OCI!!

Have a new OCI application that was processed couple weeks ago and had about 2 weeks ago received email from VFS that the documents is "dispatched" via fedex. Never received further email or text message on Fedex tracking number nor have received anything yet. I'm thinking the newly issued OCI never reached Fedex to begin with and might be lost.

Have called the VFS paid helpline a couple times where was informed they are launching an escalation to find out on status and I'd hear back within 24 to 48 hours which never happened. Also my email inquiry was never returned.

Not sure what my recourse is at this point, if I need to re-submit a new application as a "lost" one and if there would be a refund from VFS for this lost one, and if they dont cooperate if I can either start a small claims court case in NYC or take a credit card chargeback.

Also was to travel with family to India end of next month and if I dont have the OCI card can try applying for the E-visa for tourists. In that case not sure if Indian consulate might deny issuing that with the presumption that I'm supposed to be a valid OCI holder. Crazy stuff!

Thanks for sharing ! Sorry to hear about your situation. Did you try calling the 'free 5 minutes a week' VFS helpline, or email to the NYC embassy officers ? Please keep us posted.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X