OCI card for Canadian citizen living in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI card for Canadian citizen living in US

Hello All, Looking for checklist for applying for OCI card.
    I am Canada citizen and living in US. I hold Green Card in US. Can someone help in providing checklist on applying OCI Card. Thanks

Do you currently have OCI based on the Canadian passport? If yes, then travel with Canadian passport and OCI. No need to bother with applying with US passport

If not, the I think everything else is same but you have to provide proof of your status in the US and few other things. If you look here:

Under "SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS – CONDITION BASED, items 3 and 4.
    Under item 4:
    " 1. Proof of address in home country or affidavit confirming the last known address." <- In your case your home country is Canada. So maybe lease of your previous place or affidavit of the same with some proof.

I would highly suggest calling VFS and talking to them as well but this is my best guess

Comment

Hi, ma06! and vinaysandela, i am in the same boat. OCI from USA, they are asking for native address. but, I do not have current address in Canada.were you able to resolve this query.

Proof of native address for non-US nationals living in the USA (the document must be self-attested): Non-US nationals residing in the USA on a valid long-term visa should submit address proof of their home country. In the absence of address proof, a notarized statement must be provided giving details of native address. Applicants having dual nationality should submit proofs of native address of both the countries. IMPORTANT NOTE: If any supporting document is in a foreign language other than English, it should be translated in English by authorized translator.
      Last edited by cowboy87; 01-11-2024, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Could some one throw some thoughts on the following queries about native address proof please. I reside in USA now and would like to apply for my OCI.. received notification for submitting native address proof.
        1.Would a Bank Statement or a letter of tax credit from Ontario province acceptable for native address proof
        2.I have a valid unexpired DL but the address on it is my past address when i last resided. Will that be acceptable.
        3.Does the native address proof need to be self attested?
        4. How can we get notarized letter in USA for a Canadian address, what is the template for that? is it available anywhere to use?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X