Employment Letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Letter?

Why does applying for OCI require Employment Letter as part of documentation? Can I skip it? I have this self service portal in my company where it can print out all my information. If required, can I use that instead?

This is my second time applying and I lost my fees from the first application a couple years back (which I was EXTREMELY careful about and checked everything 3 times) so am being careful.Though I see a huge improvement in the process as it;s all on one site now but this Employment Letter was not part of the documentation list, last time around.

Thank you.

Originally posted by kaisanaam View Post
    Why does applying for OCI require Employment Letter as part of documentation? Can I skip it? I have this self service portal in my company where it can print out all my information. If required, can I use that instead?

This is my second time applying and I lost my fees from the first application a couple years back (which I was EXTREMELY careful about and checked everything 3 times) so am being careful.Though I see a huge improvement in the process as it;s all on one site now but this Employment Letter was not part of the documentation list, last time around.

Thank you.
    I never sent employment letter when I applied in Jan 2021. Even though it was listed on the document but no one ever required it.

Comment

Thank you Jot18. I have applied in the past (and was rejected without refunds, for something innocuous) and that did not have this requirement. The new process is much simpler but I see this document requirement now. I just printed out the self portal form as it provides employment proof.

Comment

Yes, as far as I know, you really should provide this letter. This is a mandatory document. About which of the samples or forms is relevant, you should be notified from the place of the requirement of this document. In fact, when applying for a job in various companies, there are a lot of options for what documents will be required from you. Therefore, you should always clarify this with the requesting party. By the way, what kind of job are you applying for? To understand what kind of work I should try, I took a test from makipeople.com.
        Last edited by argumentsolid; 06-20-2022, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaisanaam View Post
          Why does applying for OCI require Employment Letter as part​ of documentation? Can I skip it? I have this self service portal in my company where it can print out all my information. If required, can I use that instead?

Thank you.
          I have never written a job offer letter.

Comment

According to the guidelines of the Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) scheme, an Employment Letter is a mandatory document for applicants who are currently employed. This requirement is to ensure that the applicant has a stable source of income and is financially self-sufficient.

The Employment Letter should include the following details:
            • Name and address of the applicant
            • Name and address of the employer
            • Designation and job responsibilities of the applicant
            • Joining date and current employment status
            • Salary details

Unfortunately, the self-service portal of your company cannot be used as a substitute for the Employment Letter. The Employment Letter must be issued on official letterhead, signed by authorized personnel, and stamped with the company seal.

Skipping the Employment Letter requirement may lead to the rejection of your OCI application. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to obtain an Employment Letter from your employer and submit it along with the other required documents for your OCI application.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the concerned authorities.

Comment

I applied for OCI to CGI Houston in Feb 2024 and did not submit any proof of employment. I received my OCI in March 2024. I am a former Indian Passport Holder.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X